lowered & warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lowered & warranty

you guys ever had any trouble getting parts warrantied with a lowered truck?

i recently changed to a smaller size tire and i have some horrible vibration @ 70 mph, turns out my wheel has a slight flat spot on it and my axle shaft is bent, i mustve bottomed out really hard on the frame, but i dont remember doing so.

long story short, im going to try and get the axle shaft fixed under warranty, you think theyll give me any BS about it being lowered or not?

another thing, i broke my driveshaft a while ago because i didnt weld in my spring perches and the only shaft i could find was for an 04 5.4L, mine is an 08 4.6L, could this have anything to do with the vibration? i noticed the weights are in different spots on the DS.

i have since welded in my perches solid, zero'd out the pinion angle (1st time mistake) and installed 6* shims to stop the vibes, so my pinion is at -4* right now with no vibration except on the highway, im pretty sure the culpret is my axle shaft because i ran the spare on it for 2 weeks and the vibes were still there.

ok, end rant. you think ill have any problems from the dealer or should i just go ahead and replace it myself since i know how...

Old 09-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had a few run ins with the Ford and GM dealership on the trucks being lowered. It will be hard to get the axle replaced under warranty if its lowered because they will blame the truck being lowered on why the axle is bent.

As for your driveshaft breaking the year shouldn't matter I would take the driveshaft into a place that builds them and get them to balance the driveshaft for you that would be a problem if the old one had taken a hit somewhere alongs its life. The weights will be in different spots as well since they wont need weight in the same place as a different shaft.

If they wont cover it I would just replace it yourself.

Hope this will help a little bit

Old 09-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Depends on the dealer for warranty.......you did a suspension mod and that leaves it up to their discretion....

Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 PM
True true, thanks guys.

Justbseeing if anyone of the lowered crowd has actually dealed with the dealer for drivetrain stuff, i should put it back to stock and take it up there LOL

Old 09-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
That'd be a tough sale, maybe if you had a friend that worked there

Old 09-11-2012, 03:53 AM
ill just fix it myself, i have a buddy that works at the parts department if i need anything at cost...

Quick Reply: lowered & warranty