F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Street Scene (https://www.f150online.com/forums/street-scene-81/)
-   -   Dont think my 3/5 drop kit went well (https://www.f150online.com/forums/street-scene/460550-dont-think-my-3-5-drop-kit-went-well.html)

EsJayEs 10-24-2012 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by katpeeler (Post 4882229)
FINALLY!!!!!!!.............I think I got a winner. Recieved the replacement rear flip kit from Beltech a few weeks ago and was able to put it on today and snapped a picture. The ride is SO much better. It brought my rearend up to '18 from center of wheel to fender.

I want to thank Beltech again for following up on there problem. It took long enough but I think they have a good product. Ill upload a cell phone pic of my truck with the kit on it. But for some reason I still think my front end needs to come down a inch or two. You cant tell it that much in the pic but maybe it will grow on me. Just to remind you that I have the suggested thick spacer on the front struts. Please let me know what you think because Im wanting to put 22 inch rims on it but wanting to get it level before I do...

Still looks to be sagging in the rear.

RED-ROCKET 01-18-2013 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by KingVinnie (Post 4874530)
really wanting a 972SP for my 2012 FX2 crew, after reading this thread I'm a little reserved to get it when its only been out for a few days. looking forward to seeing it on someones ride soon to see how it comes out.

Dumb question... why the 5.5 in the rear?? my truck is about 1.75" higher in the rear with full tank. So a 3/5.5 would yield a 3/4" lower rear than front, right? or am i missing something.

whats it measure from fenders to the ground? i am wanting to switch from lowered leafs to a belltech flip. is the rear kit a 6442? and does it come with a lift shackle?

RED-ROCKET 01-20-2013 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by katpeeler (Post 4882618)
Thanx.....I think you might be right if I swap out the shims for the thin ones......And as far as the FX2 decals go this is actualy my wifes truck and she is determined to keep them on...=(....Maybe one day Ill sweet talk her

As far as the difference in the two kits.......The rear shock absorbers are about 2 inches longer (which I commented on the first page that I thought that was the problem) and the saddles have a little bit different angle on how they sit in craddle of the rear end......Other than that it all the same.....

Anyone out there running the smaller shims on the front end???

Do you happen to kow the part number for the new rear shocks?

EsJayEs 01-20-2013 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by RED-ROCKET (Post 4944224)
whats it measure from fenders to the ground? i am wanting to switch from lowered leafs to a belltech flip. is the rear kit a 6442? and does it come with a lift shackle?

The measurement is taken from either the ground, center of wheel, or wheel lip to the fender. It doesn't matter which one you use, you're just measuring how much you've lowered the vehicle front and rear.

By "lowered leafs", do you mean you have lowering leaf springs, or factory leaf springs with lowering shackles?

The kit does come with a lift shackle. But before going through with it, make sure that you have no desire to haul or tow anything ever again. I'll never do a flip kit again after my experience.