laying frame on 24's. i do it.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by _cashel

does the sunroof leak at all? I've heard aftermarket sun/moonroofs are notorious for leaking.
yea i herd that before...but only on the sunroofs that have tubbs. i got mine in 2004 my truck is a daily driver and it has never leaked. they put seal all around it.

the only "bad" thing about it, if you wanna call it bad but it doesnt bother me is that you can hear the wind go over it pretty loud after 65mph and up. and since the roof is aaalll glass, i feel the cold in the cab more at night. my sunroof came with 4 individual sun shades. all and all, i dont regret it. you gotta give a little to get more, you know.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:48 PM
yeah true, it looks great

btw, have you seen the movie borat? I swear your truck is in it man. That part towards the end where he tries to kidnap pamela in the parking lot, I swore I saw a truck with the same paint scheme, wheels, drop etc.

Old 08-10-2008, 04:21 PM
yeah true, it looks great

btw, have you seen the movie borat? I swear your truck is in it man. That part towards the end where he tries to kidnap pamela in the parking lot, I swore I saw a truck with the same paint scheme, wheels, drop etc.
hahaa... it is my truck parked at the Block of Orange in Orange County. i was there. thats b4 i bagged my truck. that whole scene of borat chasing pamela is two parts. when hes talkin to her in the store thats a different day but when he's chasing her outside that a pamela look a like. i was in the store when they filmed that part. i remember seeing borat chasing her towards my truck and i thought something really was happening. i was behind the security running outside cuz they wrestled borat right by my truck. when i saw the movie a few months later i flipped out. hahah.

heres that scene on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vaRKtpN7kQ

Old 08-10-2008, 04:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, you're a celebrity!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:48 AM
LMAO!!! _cashel I can't beleive you would have put those two together especialy with the very short clip of the truck in the film...

Old 08-20-2008, 09:44 AM
the only reason I did was because it was like the day after I posted in this thread, and I was drunk up at a friend of mines and was like WTF I KNOW THAT TRUCK.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:24 PM
lol.... you shoulda saw my reaction, i jumped out my seat and everything. hahah. throughout the whole movie i was like "man i think i've seen that borat guy somewhere b4".. hahah.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Your trucks a movie star!

that is kinda funny though that you spotted that.

very nice lookin truck

Old 08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Looks good but I know the pot holes must be tearin your a$% up! how does it ride?

Old 08-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by VA Slim
Looks good but I know the pot holes must be tearin your a$% up! how does it ride?
pot holes? hahaha. the truck rides great. ten times better than when it was stock. i glide over everything. i spent the extra money so that tha quality of the ride would be the best it could be.

the only thing tho, i do drive a lot more carefull and slower over bumps and intersections. but i dont regret it for one second. i love the drive.

before the bags the tires i was running were 305/35 R24 and i felt everything. everybody that got in the truck would complain about feeling everything in the road. now with the new air ride system im runing 275/30 R24 and i dont feel a thing, the bags and shocks do a great job.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:56 AM

does the sunroof leak at all? I've heard aftermarket sun/moonroofs are notorious for leaking.

he says no...and it prob does not....

but the reason you ask...you live in florida, he is in so-cal....you get more rain in 2 weeks than he gets all year....10 pm in florida its still mid 80's at night in the summer, he is mid to low 60's...i think it would leak in florida, i know it will leak in houston...

Old 08-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by troberts6874
he says no...and it prob does not....

but the reason you ask...you live in florida, he is in so-cal....you get more rain in 2 weeks than he gets all year....10 pm in florida its still mid 80's at night in the summer, he is mid to low 60's...i think it would leak in florida, i know it will leak in houston...
i had the roof put in in 2004. and its a daily driver and i just now started parking it in the garage. we have storms in Cali too. it rains for two weeks straight Soooometimes. i also drove in the rain countless times, even through hail and it has never leaked. they put rubber seal all the way around the outside of the roof. im so sure it would Not leak in any part of the country that i'd put money on it.

Last edited by 02LayinThem24s; 08-22-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:57 PM
ok...he got more rain in the last 4 days than you got all last year...like houston florida get 60+ inches of rain a year...la gets 12 all year...he has 6 or more months with heat in the 90's every day, you get 90's 10 days total the whole year....heat is hell on these things

Old 08-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I remember seeing that truck in borat and thinking it was pretty cool, never made the connection with you tho. Truck has really come along way since then.

you should take that clip of you truck and put it in a loop, and put it in a digital picture frame, for when you go to car shows

Old 08-23-2008, 02:56 AM
Originally Posted by Patman03SprCrw
I remember seeing that truck in borat and thinking it was pretty cool, never made the connection with you tho. Truck has really come along way since then.

you should take that clip of you truck and put it in a loop, and put it in a digital picture frame, for when you go to car shows
thats a good idea man. but i dont kno how to do that. haha.

Quick Reply: laying frame on 24's. i do it.