2011 f150 sub options

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 f150 sub options

Hi everyone. It's about time I add some bass to my truck. I have a 2011 screw and I added a aftermarket touchscreen unit already. But now I need some bass. I've been looking st the fox acoustics dual 10 "vented" box but I can't get any of the subs I'd like to fit in there. Sundown sd10, and ID subs, D.C. Level 2 10s. Anyone know of a box that I can fit these subs in WITHOUT lifting the back seat? Or just go with the fox box and try to find a sub that I like that'll fit? Some people have had luck with the sundowns but I guess have to enlarge the box opening a bit.
Anyway any help will help me! Thanks

Old 05-09-2017, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not trying to be an *** but just because a driver fits in a box doesn't mean it belongs there. Some drivers are made for sealed boxes and some are made for both sealed and ported. Most all descent sub woofers requires a certain amount of airspace in the enclosure to sound right.

I have a coworker with a 2015 and he bought a sealed down firing double 10 inch box online and he just threw some 10s in it and it sound like pure crap!

Find out the exact airspace of the box and install compatible woofers for it.