Rear Underseat speakers

Old 08-10-2016, 04:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the best speaker setup for under rear seat I have 2010 Ford F150? I want to build a box my self so if anyone has plans that they have had success with please share. I also want to know what is better 10s or 12s. Also is it necessary to raise the seat 2" I saw it at LMI.

What is the best speaker setup for under rear seat I have 2010 Ford F150? I want to build a box my self so if anyone has plans that they have had success with please share. I also want to know what is better 10s or 12s. Also is it necessary to raise the seat 2" I saw it at LM

Last edited by Patman; 10-20-2016 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Cross post
Old 08-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Bigger is always louder in a sub. More surface area will move more air. But, how loud do you want/need to go? I have a single Sundown SD-3 10" in an enclosed box and most people think I have a 12. 12s are also going to require a bigger box and, as you know, it's tight back there.

I'd recommend a shallow mount sub since it is so tight. You can do the SD-3 and not have to raise the seat. But, even with the inverted rubber surround on the SD-3 the speaker gets dangerously close to the carpet. I stripped the interior and installed a 3 layer sound deadener and while I was at it I also removed the carpet pad under where the sub sits. That gave me enough clearance between the sub and carpet.

I'm a huge DIYer myself and I've built boxes in the past but for what you pay vs the time and materials, it's worth it to just buy one. This guy makes a really nice, solid, custom fit box for a reasonable price...

http://stores.ebay.com/Rodneys-Custom-Speaker-Boxes

Just make sure you match the box volume and enclosure type with the speaker you choose. Hard to beat the SD-3 for a shallow mount at the price they charge. And get a dual 4 ohm and wire it in parallel for a 2 ohm load.

Old 08-23-2016, 08:33 PM
I would like to go as loud as I can but at the same time keep things somewhat concealed under the seat. I want to put amp behind seat. I have an audiopipe 1800 watt max amp 2 channel. I want to pair it with a couple 12s. Thanks for the suggestion. Any other ideas please let me know.

Old 09-08-2016, 10:01 AM
I just installed a JL Audio TW3 10" and built my own enclosure for my 2014 super cab. I did the same for my 2011 except I went with an 8" sub. I wanted a custom box that met all the design requirements and fit and worked properly. Most shops cut corners and wont take the time to build it correctly, plus I'm picky. It hits plenty hard enough for me, putting 2- 8's or even trying 2-10's takes up too much room and I want room for easy access for my amps and processor and other misc stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear Underseat speakers