Sound deadening

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound deadening

Has anyone used this product instead of Dynamatt? I read in a thread where it was used and it worked great. I just wanted others opinions. I don't want to spend a fortune on sound deadening.
Thanks

http://http://www.homedepot.com/weba...3+90008+500530

I can't get the link to work.

Product Reviews Quick Roof Quick Roof Instant Waterproof Repair

Model QR625

$15.96/Each

Last edited by DJ2007; 10-30-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: link not working
Old 10-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Do a search on the forums... plenty of subjects. I used RAAMmat, it's cheaper and works just as well.

Old 10-30-2008, 05:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i used it on my install check my gallery i think i have some pics. i did the back half of the floor (under the rear seat/woofers) and the back wall and my two front doors with that stuff it works great!!! i did two layers of it and worked good for the price its been on for about 4 months now and i never noticed the smell or anything.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:56 AM
Nice, asphalt Peel-n-Seel.

That stuff is close but has some adverse affects to it.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:03 AM
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Nice, asphalt Peel-n-Seel.

That stuff is close but has some adverse affects to it.
like?

Old 10-31-2008, 01:02 PM
I was falling asleep when I wrote it, thats why I didnt explain.

Well, it will fall off. I dont care how well you think you secured it... A roof will heat and cool much slower than a car. And that will lead to taking a door panel or something off and having this brown goo all over. Or ive even seen it leak out the bottom of doors.

Asphalt also smells like chit. And it will take a while to get it out of your car.

If you dont believe me on what I tell you, (eDead and Peel-n-Seel is the same stuff) go to the sounddeadenershowdown.com. You will understand why I live and breathe Dynamat Extreme and the Damplifier products.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
I was falling asleep when I wrote it, thats why I didnt explain.

Well, it will fall off. I dont care how well you think you secured it... A roof will heat and cool much slower than a car. And that will lead to taking a door panel or something off and having this brown goo all over. Or ive even seen it leak out the bottom of doors.

Asphalt also smells like chit. And it will take a while to get it out of your car.

If you dont believe me on what I tell you, (eDead and Peel-n-Seel is the same stuff) go to the sounddeadenershowdown.com. You will understand why I live and breathe Dynamat Extreme and the Damplifier products.
i believe you.. just was curious once again.. those other companies are so damn pricey tho!!

Old 10-31-2008, 04:35 PM
I really appreciate all the comments and opinions. I went to the sounddeadenershowdown.com website and got some good info. I don't want to chance using the roof repair now that I read up on it. Those other products are a little too much for me right now. Maybe one of these days I'll do it but not right now. Thanks again.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:28 AM
Not a problem. Glad I could give you some info and lead you to water (metaphorically).

Quick Reply: Sound deadening