Replaced F150 with 2008 F250 KR, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaced F150 with 2008 F250 KR, now what?

Guys (and Gals, if you're out there),
I just traded in the F150 for an F250. I was smart enough to pull out my system before I did so, however after a closer inspection, I am not sure that I will be able to use everything I have.

The items that concern me are...
Can I reuse the Germaniums without a huge amount of custom work in the front doors.
I have to ED subs that I love and supercrew sound box. I know the box won't work, so what are you F250 guys doing to run 2 10's in your truck?
Where do you mount the amps?

I am going to reuse my DDX8019, which I love. It'll handle my iPod and a USB hard drive as well as the backup cam, which I also grabbed from the F150 before she left me.

Anyhow. I am all ears. I am looking to take in some guidance here. While I love the new truck, I miss my premium sounds.

Dave

Old 03-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Most of the people here have F150's, so you are not going to find much F250-specific information here at all. Unfortunately, there are not as many similarities between the F150 and F250 as one would think. I had a heck of a time figuring out how to wire a subwoofer and amp to the stock audiophile wiring because the wires are completely different colors. You would probably be better off asking F250-specific questions in the F250 forum or on one of the F250-specific sites. Hope this helps.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by BigDave4
Guys (and Gals, if you're out there),
I just traded in the F150 for an F250. I was smart enough to pull out my system before I did so, however after a closer inspection, I am not sure that I will be able to use everything I have.

The items that concern me are...
Can I reuse the Germaniums without a huge amount of custom work in the front doors.
I have to ED subs that I love and supercrew sound box. I know the box won't work, so what are you F250 guys doing to run 2 10's in your truck?
Where do you mount the amps?

I am going to reuse my DDX8019, which I love. It'll handle my iPod and a USB hard drive as well as the backup cam, which I also grabbed from the F150 before she left me.

Anyhow. I am all ears. I am looking to take in some guidance here. While I love the new truck, I miss my premium sounds.

Dave
There is a guy on here that goes by RollingRock. He normal is in the car/detailing section. He has an F250 with a nice audio setup. Shoot him a PM, he is a good guy, and I am sure he would be happy to help you out.

I hope this helped some.

Devildog101

P.S. If you want to sell that supercrew sound box, shoot me a PM.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Does your King Ranch have the bench seat in the rear or the captains chairs with a center console like the front? If it has a center console, you could buy the JL Stealthbox and put it inside that center console. If it has the rear bench, you could buy a box from SuperCrewSound that will fit under the rear seat.

Old 03-26-2008, 04:04 AM
I just got my 350's stereo finished up. I need to get some pics up. But i went with 5.25 speakers in the front doors but 6.5s will fit ( and i wish i did use 6.5s). I decided to put one 12 behind my seat cause i still wanted to mount my amps behind the seat as well. But if you dont have the fold out metal tray under the seat you could put the amps there and easily get 2 tens behind the seat(as long as you don't have the power slider). But as far as the EDs go it would all depend on mounting depth, but im pretty sure you would need to use some shallow mount subs. Once i get pics and im not so tired ill give you more info.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Here's what I am going to end up doing:

Going back to JL all around.

JL C5 Components in the fronts.
Moving the Rainbow Germainiums to the back as rear fill. (I know, I'm nuts)
These will be powered by a JL 450/4 Slash Amp using an AudioControl Matrix between the head unit (Excelon DDX8019) and the amps.
I will be using the new stealth box for the 2008 Super Duties. It has a single JL 8w7 in it ported and downfiring.
I will be powering that with a JL 500/1. I kicked around the 1000/1, but with the Matrix, I don't think that I will really need it. I can always swap it out if I get it in there and change my mind.

Just wanted to provide an update.

Don't ask how much this #$%^ is going to cost. You don't want to know.

Dave

Old 04-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by BigDave4
Here's what I am going to end up doing:

Going back to JL all around.

JL C5 Components in the fronts.
Moving the Rainbow Germainiums to the back as rear fill. (I know, I'm nuts)
These will be powered by a JL 450/4 Slash Amp using an AudioControl Matrix between the head unit (Excelon DDX8019) and the amps.
I will be using the new stealth box for the 2008 Super Duties. It has a single JL 8w7 in it ported and downfiring.
I will be powering that with a JL 500/1. I kicked around the 1000/1, but with the Matrix, I don't think that I will really need it. I can always swap it out if I get it in there and change my mind.

Just wanted to provide an update.

Don't ask how much this #$%^ is going to cost. You don't want to know.

Dave
You are aware that you're basically paying for the JL name right? And that you can get equal or greater quality for less. Just a thought. So many people think "JL.. One of the most common/expensive audio manufacturers so they gotta be good". Good, no doubt. But check into other companies as well. If you have the money for JL, Check into RE, Sound Splinter, Fi, Digital Designs, Rainbow, Incriminator Audio and things of that nature. Just my $0.02 Have fun!

Old 04-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by dB-SPL
You are aware that you're basically paying for the JL name right? And that you can get equal or greater quality for less. Just a thought. So many people think "JL.. One of the most common/expensive audio manufacturers so they gotta be good". Good, no doubt. But check into other companies as well. If you have the money for JL, Check into RE, Sound Splinter, Fi, Digital Designs, Rainbow, Incriminator Audio and things of that nature. Just my $0.02 Have fun!
x2.

p.s. I am a JL nut...

Quick Reply: Replaced F150 with 2008 F250 KR, now what?