F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   Speakers & Subwoofers (https://www.f150online.com/forums/speakers-subwoofers-57/)
-   -   Morse Code from right rear door speaker (https://www.f150online.com/forums/speakers-subwoofers/197089-morse-code-right-rear-door-speaker.html)

roadawg 05-10-2005 08:16 PM

Morse Code from right rear door speaker

This has happened several times before but today even my wife heard it! A morse code type buzzing coming from the right rear door speaker, lasts for a few seconds. No way to replicate it, just happens when it wants to, hard to diagnose. It has the same volume even with the radio volume turned all the way down. It does not come through any other speaker. I've had it happen in the driveway and while driving. Today it happened 3 times within the first hour of running the truck and nothing the rest of the trip, about 100 miles. Anyone one else notice this?

momalle1 05-10-2005 08:54 PM

Most likely, the capacitor on your speaker is failing, soon to fail completely.

ryanbeal 05-10-2005 08:59 PM

did your cell phone ring soon after that? could be interference...

StAugTonka 05-10-2005 09:37 PM

Roadawg, mine does the same dern thing..

I believe ryan is dead on w/ his post. Funny thing about it is, last week I was sitt'n here at the computer waiting on a phone call, and all of a sudden, one of the speakers for the puter started doing the same thing, just like in my truck, then my cell phone range. That's when I figured that it had to do something w/ cell phones, but doesn't do it all the time, only once in a while.

ChrisAdams 05-10-2005 09:49 PM

Ever sit at a light and start hearing the CB'er next to you talking over your speakers?
RF bleeds nicely.

Capacitor on the speaker? What kind of speaker?
Curious.
Chris

momalle1 05-11-2005 05:39 AM

Originally posted by ChrisAdams
Ever sit at a light and start hearing the CB'er next to you talking over your speakers?
RF bleeds nicely.

Capacitor on the speaker? What kind of speaker?
Curious.
Chris

I assumed it is the factory system, most OEM speakers have a cap as a cheap crossover.

MrPhish 05-11-2005 09:10 AM

Can you make out what the message says? Maybe it's Elvis. (sorry couldn't help myself) :devil:

EOJRR1 05-11-2005 09:14 AM

I bet it is a celly as well... it seems with the new GSM phones that this happens more and more...

Prior to my recent phone upgrade, the speakers would only freak out right before the phone would ring... but with a new GSM phone, speakers, from tv/vcr combos to computer speakers "go off" from time to time during the day with no incoming call.

Pretty annoying.

Rockpick 05-11-2005 10:05 AM

Originally posted by ryanbeal
did your cell phone ring soon after that? could be interference...
I get this type of interference on EVERY SINGLE RADIO in my house on occasion. I don't think anything is failing but, on the flip side, I can't, with great certainty, say that it's a cell phone or similar.

My hunch is that it's some type of interference. FWIW, I've experienced this 'morse code' in all areas of the country in Ford, Dodge, and all other makes (and hotel clock alarms etc).

RP :D

93xlt2wd 05-11-2005 01:50 PM

mine does that too. the right rear speaker. and i have a 93 reg cab. i also have a cell phone

roadawg 05-11-2005 04:30 PM

Well to answer some of the questions, the first time I heard it I thought it was bleed over from a CB, but that was in my driveway and nobody has a CB nearby and you have to be fairly close to get the bleedover effect. My new cellphone is a GSM, but the noise doesn't correlate with cellphone calls. The same noise was there with my old TDMA Digital/analog phone as well. The capaciter might be the culprit! However it MAY have been Elvis, sounded like "Thank you, thank you verrry muuch", but I'd have to brushup on my morse code fer sure!:lol: Thanks for the replies and theories. Bob B.

GB150 05-11-2005 04:42 PM

Originally posted by 93xlt2wd
i also have a cell phone
Bragger :devil:

AK Jay 05-11-2005 07:19 PM

I noticed the same thing but also noticed it on my work computer. The only thing in common was me and my cell phone so I figured it was the cell. I even left my cell phone at home several times to test it. Only time I ever hear it is when I have my cell with me. It is a GSM phone. If I leave it at home I never hear it, maybe thats a bonus? "Sorry honey it's interfering with my radio so I left it at home!" :D

Rockpick 05-11-2005 09:33 PM

Great thought AK Jay....

You think I can convince my employer on that too? I swear... that thing is like a ball and chain.

RP :D

ThumperMX113 05-11-2005 10:44 PM

I just switched to Nextel today. I was siting there, making a cd, and the speakers started to fuzz up and flip out and few secounds later someone was calling me. Pretty crazy if you ask me!