Subwoofer Box is done!!! dailup beware PICS

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subwoofer Box is done!!! dailup beware PICS

The carpeting didn't come out quite as well as I had hoped. I learned alot doing it myself. If I made another box it would look much better. As soon as I hook this one up I will let everyone know how it sounds.

For those that forgot or don't know. I made a custom box for my 98 f-150, with 2 10" Kicker CompVR's. Here are the pics

Let me know what you think. If anyone wants plans let me know. I have them posted some where, but I will email to anyone wanting them.[

Last edited by Scotty08; 02-11-2005 at 04:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Nice job!
Those new CompVRs look wicked!

Old 02-11-2005, 06:01 PM
I agree. Nice work indeed.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:24 AM
I just finished a 10-12 hour stint installing all of my new stuff. I am one wore out dude. But I took about a 30 minute trip outside of town. It is 1000% better in sound quality. It doesn't just go BOOM BOOM, I installed 2 infinity Kappa 572.5 in the doors, moved the door speaks to the rear, as the old rears were toast. , it isn't like you can hear them over 75 rms feeding the infinity's. Subs sound good. I freaked, at first I couldn't get the subs to move. reread my amp owners manual, very little help. The I noticed the input voltage. it was set a 4 volts. My head unit only uses .5 volt inputs. as I adjusted those the power came on and them there subs came to life. Very cool indeed.

Forgive my misspellings It is 2:30 a.m., and I am tired as all get out. I will post some pics of the installed finshed product when I get enough energy to take some.

Scotty

Old 02-14-2005, 11:22 PM
Scotty08, I wondering how many cubic feet your enclosure is, and what material you used. The box looks huge with two (2) chamberss. For 10" subs in a full size truck, you don't need more than 1 cubic foot for each chamber. The bigger the box, particulary being sealed, will reduce your sound quality/quanity. Simply just too much air to push for the woofers. I have two 12" Kenwoods (750W output each) in a 1.25 cubic foot box (each chamber), made of MDF, and the bass is unbelievable. Your efforts are commendable never-the-less.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:20 AM
The way I figure the box was length x Height x the average of the width. Which is 42" x 13" x 8" (6" top 10" bottom). That gave me like 1.76*** Kicker recommends .8 CuFt per sub. 1.6 Total. The only thing I am doing somewhat wrong is slightly under powering them. Kicker recommends 300watts, per sub, for a .8 CuFt enclosure. I am only running 200 watts per sub. But after the first day it aint no slacker. It thumps.

It isn't over Bassed like alot of systems I have heard. And, I honestly don't think the extra power would give a better sound. I don't listen to much Thump thump boom boom anyway. More "real" Rock and Roll type music. Old and new. anything from Fogerty and Skynard to Nine inch nail / 311 alternative music. And it sounds good to me at least after the first day.

Scott

Old 02-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Looks really good, good job. It's quite the task to do all of it yourself.

Old 02-20-2005, 04:12 AM
scotty

How do the CompVR's sound. We got a pair in the shop for one hour and a customer snatched em' up before I got a chance to break em' in. Oh and how much juice you got going to em'.
We got some W6V2's in and they absolutely rocked but a customer made the comment that his buddies new Comp's were better so I really want to know if this is total smoke job because the specs are no where near each other (of course neither is the price).

Thanks man

Old 02-20-2005, 04:28 AM
no need to respond Scotty...I found it

For those looking for Scotty08 power requirements and speaker seal of approval. It's in the amp section.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:22 AM
The CompVR's are, simply, awsome. I am running a single 4 channel Phoenix Gold amp. I am running it a little bit unoxrthodox. It is rated 75 watts x 4 @4 ohm. Or 200 watts x 4 @ 2ohms. The configuration I am running it is both. I am running the front channels @ 4 ohms and the rear channels @ 2 ohms. Giving me 75 x 2 / 200 x 2.

I am under powering these subs, but they sound great. The other thing I didn't do, and should, I didn't fill the enclosure half full of polyfil (as recommended by Kicker). If I were to run the CVR's at 300 watts each and filled the enclosure properly, I feel the sound quality would second to none. And I think they sound superior to anything i have heard for a long time. I am not an audiophile nor do i hang out at a speaker shop all day, so I realize their are better sound systems out there. But i like mine.

P.S. The infinty's I installed are sweet also.

Scotty

Old 03-22-2005, 08:03 AM
is there a divider plate between the two sides? If not, did you brace it?

Quick Reply: Subwoofer Box is done!!! dailup beware PICS