new

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new

hey i just got my 2005 f150 stx.. i was wondering what you guys think i should to first and whether or not you think i should upgrade the speakers first or if there is some other mod you'd recommend. thanks

Old 01-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Just replaced 6x8" with pioneers 3 ways is all four doors. An improvement but I will eventually go with components in the front. I'm building a sub box now. I highly suggest a sub or two if you can fit them in the back. A decent amp and head unit will round it out nicely. You can find pretty good deals on u-bid.com for most of the necessities. My opinion but I think all of the above is needed to make a system you are proud of.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:45 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The stock HU is a pretty nice one. But upgrading to an aftermarket one is always nice(if its a quality one).

Get some comps in the front and a sub or 2 like gordonzoo said and you will be good. The stock HU will be good till you can save up for a new one. Only problem I had the the stock HU was once the volume was pver half way, bass went WAY down on my sub, thats why I decided to get a new HU after awhile.

Old 01-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Check out my gallery (there is a link in my sig below) for some suggestions on system ugrades and other mods.