Supercrew & Solobaric ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2003, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supercrew & Solobaric ?

Hey fellas,

I'm looking to put a pair of S12 or S10L7 solobarics in my Screw, behind the back seat. this site is the only one I've come across that mentions it, and it has a picture of a single S12 installed.

Do any of you have experience with this kind of install? or maybe any numbers on mounting depth for an 03 screw?

I'm planning to build an enclosure that houses the sub(s) and the amp(s) behind the back seat. I'll just have to remove the plastic "wall" and fashion a replacement jobbie.

Thanks.

Old 11-30-2003, 09:10 AM
heres a link to my last set up. https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3122 i still have the box so ill post the mesurements for ya later today. when do you plan on building your box and stuff? b/c like u ive decided to go with 2 solobarics and i should be getting the show on the road after jan 1 so maybe we can trade some ideas

Last edited by preston77; 11-30-2003 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:38 PM
That's a pretty slick box.. What are those subs (size/model)? I think those downfire boxes on subbox and supercrewsound are complete junk.. I'd much rather build the stuff myself and get it done right. I'm thinking maybe 10" solobarics.. 12" if I can fit them, but that might be a little much. I've been an audiophile for a number of years, but all that low end might not be as necessary as it was when I was tooling around in my mustang hatchback with all the crazy amps and subs. I'm itching to get this started pretty soon because the stock audio is killing me.

I had a custom setup in my 00 ranger that was ultra simple but effective..

-one 10" ID sub
-two MB Quart seperates in custom plates in the doors (BEFORE Quart was bought and bastardized by RF)
-soundstream rubicon 404
-alpine head
-kenwood kgc-6042a EQ

three speakers, one amp , in a little reg cab ranger, and it sounded GREAT.

Now I miss it

If any of you happen to have a 00 reg cab ranger, I've still got ALL the gear that was in this truck, and when I sold it, the gear was out in 20 minutes flat, and there were no modifications made to existing hardware or wiring.

anyway, I'll keep this thread posted with my status when I get rolling.

Which solobarics are you considering?

-skoal

Old 11-30-2003, 11:57 PM
thier audiobahn 10's and i did have to modify the brackets for the back of the seat.i moved the back holes on the seat up to where the front was and cut off the little tabs for the other bracket that the seat clamps onto.the only reson i did this was b/c of the flap i made to cover the gap. when folded up it sticks out 3/4 in more than the box. but anywho im probably gonna go with the L7 12's. i measured it out including the space behind the corner plastics(just have to recess the box a little) and i should be able to get the 2cu ft needed per sub. soon as i get done being clark griswald with the christmas lights after work i will give ya the deminsions and some better pics. oh btw, your right those boxes usually do suck compaired to a custom box

Old 01-18-2004, 07:52 AM
alrighty then....... ive been working on my new set up with the 2 s12 l7 solo's,amp and a new wal to help dress it up. should be done by tonight and ill have some pics up.

Old 01-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Sweet

I'll be eagerly awaiting the pics.. I'm looking to get started on mine pretty soon as well. This stock stuff is killing me.

Old 01-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Old 01-19-2004, 06:12 PM
That's pretty slick

How far did you end up moving the seats anyway?

I'm trying to get around having to move mine if I can. Do you happen to know what kind of mounting depth I'd be able to get without moving the seats at all (assuming 3/4" MDF)?

Again, nice setup

-Jim

Old 01-19-2004, 11:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

preston -

Are you going to post some pics with your seats installed and leaning forward ?

I would like to see how it all looks together...

Thanks !!!

BTW - Nice set-up !!!

Old 01-20-2004, 12:15 AM
i dont think its possible to put in even just 1 L7 12 without moving the seats a little dude. dont have the exacts on the seat yet. i was gonna put em in tonight but it got cold here and i ran out of daylight b/c i ran the correct sized ground wire while i had time but the pics of the seats installed with a flap thingy will be up tomm night some time.

Old 02-19-2004, 04:04 AM
I've got a 12" L7 in a ported box behind the seat and I didn't move the seats at all. I just used fiberglass to form the back of the box and took out the plastic piece on the back of the seat.

I got the idea from the guy you mentioned in the first post. He is JBinSD, but it looks like he hasn't posted in a while.

I don't have any pics or specs but here is his gallery
https://www.f150online.com/galleries...y.cfm?gnum=721

Old 02-24-2004, 09:55 AM
ahhhhh fiberglas job. well if ya dont do like me and get a new truck every 2 years then glassing it would be the way to go.

Quick Reply: Supercrew & Solobaric ?