Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Faulty running board end cap! Need a new one!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faulty running board end cap! Need a new one!

Last week my 2016 had its passenger rear running board end cap fall off after going across a speed bump at 5 mph. The car behind me ran over the cap and flattened it. It should never have fallen off, but according to Ford it is no longer under warranty because the cap was run over. To make matters worse the part is not sold separately and the whole running board must be purchased. I've searched the internet and can't find the part anywhere. Any guidance would be appreciated! The part number is FL34-16N453-C.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Old 07-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Mstipsits
It should never have fallen off, but according to Ford it is no longer under warranty because the cap was run over.

Mark

I'm calling BS on that! It was run over as a direct of the cap failing first. Ford owes you a new part IMO. After all, it's not you you pried the cap off and threw it out in the street to get run over. If Ford has to replace the entire running board, well that's their problem! After all, they expect their customers to replace major assemblies instead of individual parts so they can do the same.

Try some of the Ford service reps that lurk on this site. If they don't get results, start posting pictures and the name of the stealership on social media.

Post your results back on here so we'll know how this turns out.

Old 07-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's hilarious! I called Ford direct and they said that since they can't determine why the part fell off (damage from being run over), that it is not covered under the warranty! They also said that the part is not available separate from the entire running board. They could only offer that I reach out to the "selling" dealership and see what they can do.....