Old 12-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: Thunder Autosports Performance Shop

Thunder Autosports
617 Industrial Ave
Boynton Beach, Florida 33426-3648
Palm Beach County

Phone: 561-369-1711

Most of you on here that have followed any of my posts know that I’m not one to turn a wrench. Yes, I’ve done a few small bolt-ons here and there but past that and I’m at a loss. My claim to fame is polishing paint to perfection and taking meticulous care (OCDetailing) of my truck so it looks better than showroom new.

The HD S/C trucks are fast OEM stock and even faster with a few simple mods installed. I shopped for my truck for over two years and found one that was a one owner. He took very good care of his truck and it was still (almost) stock. While I was shopping I walked away from many trucks that had been abused. IMHO kids get ‘em bolt on a few inexpensive mods, tear ‘em up then dump ‘em and move on to something else to abuse. IMO that's a shame. These truck are very special.

OK, now on to the story…a while back I purchased a Diablo Predator tuner, a Metco 6lb lower, Mad coil pack screws and NGK-TR6 plugs. I have been hesitant to do even the basic PP&T (Pulley, Plugs and Tune) mod after reading posts about the VBC (Vented Block Club). I will admit I did put in the Diablo Predator canned 93 octane tune and with just that I could tell a difference. I was recently told that just use half a brain, be sensible and it will be fine.

I started shopping around my area for a quality shop to clean the intercooler and do the PP&T while the S/C is off. I could go on about some of the stupid answers (and attitude) I got from some of the local “speed shops” but that’s another post.

Thunder Autosports was recommended to me by a friend and you need to know a little about this friend. He is about the biggest pain in the a$$ you ever met and super critical about any work he has ever had done (on anything) ever. In this case he highly recommended Thunder Autosports. His prices are more than fair and he does excellent work. The only negative thing he had to say was that being a small shop he takes his time and does it right. I remembered the old saying...Good, fast and cheap – Pick two!

I was headed out of town for a week so I dropped the truck off with him before I left. Two days later I called Steve and he said it was done. He said the I/C was pretty clean but had some gunk at the bottom. I attribute that to putting a L&S oil separator on it. He said the I/C was sparkling clean when it was reinstalled. He also suggested that the Mad coil pack screw kit could have used two flexible posts for the driver’s side rather than just the one. Other than that everything was fine.

Bottom Line – Steve is VERY knowledgeable, prices are more than fair and he does excellent work. I'm VERY happy. I would recommend him for any "go-faster" work you may have.

Quick Reply: Review: Thunder Autosports Performance Shop