Southeast AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN

Mechanic in Tampa

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mechanic in Tampa

Looking for a good mechanic in Tampa. Any recommendations? I am at 85K and the transmission is starting to slip right at the 50mph window. It is okay above and below that speed.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:06 AM
All I know are pretty much Mustang shops, but don't see why they can't help ya out. You looking for shops or someone that could do it on the side for a couple bucks?

There's Ramsey's in Tampa. He's by the airport, cargo side, on Hillsborough
Bobby at S&R Performance. He's off Linebaugh if I remember correctly.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Wade06XLT thanks for the reply. I am looking for a good shop where the mechanics know what they are doing and are not under the pressure and pricing structure of the dealer's shops. Googled and found Ramsey's Performance Incorporated and S&R they both look like they are high end shops? I give them a call. Never thought about taking my truck to this type of shop. We will see. I also have a 73 bronco that is waiting for me to rebuild these people may come in handy as I will be replace and modifying everything.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:50 PM
No sweat man. If it helps, mention you were sent there by The Stang Gang. Maybe you can get a break on price. Two separte members in this club swear by each of them and have spent a ton of money at each. Haaaaa.

Quick Reply: Mechanic in Tampa