South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Moving to San Antonio!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Moving to San Antonio!

Hey y'all,

I'll be moving back out to the great state of Texas around the middle of May, specifically San Antonio. I'm not overly familiar with the area at all and could sure use some advice and any insight I can get on the area! Is anyone else from out in the area? Let me know!

Best,
-Barrett

Old 05-13-2014, 09:58 AM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Barrett
Hey y'all,

I'll be moving back out to the great state of Texas around the middle of May, specifically San Antonio. I'm not overly familiar with the area at all and could sure use some advice and any insight I can get on the area! Is anyone else from out in the area? Let me know!

Best,
-Barrett
The only time I've really spent there was my 6 week's basic at Lackland AFB. Being only 500 miles away I've been there a number of times and really like the city. The Alamo and the Riverwalk are right in the middle of town with lot's of great Mexican and BBQ restaurant's. New Braunfels..San Marcos...Canyon Lake are close by out in the hill country. Maybe a member that lives in the San Antonio area will chime in with more info....good luck with your move and brush up on your Spanish!!

Old 05-23-2014, 11:23 PM
I'm just down the road in Floresville (its about 20 minutes from my house to downtown SA). SA is a great town and lots to do depending on what you are in to.

If you brought your boat, I would recommend checking out Choke Canyon. Pretty area and some good fishing. Just have to watch out for the gators. There's also a lake between Floresville and SA that I've heard has some good fishing as well. I haven't been there though.

Also, you can't beat life just up the road in New Braunfels. Nothing like floating the river with a cold one in your hand, then heading over to Gruene Hall for some Texas Country music.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:42 AM
You are bringing the boat, right?

I'm just up the road in San Marcos.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bring Mosquito spray.......they have their own airports there.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Longshot270

^this guy really know the fishing spots!

Old 06-01-2014, 01:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by bconnaway
I'm just down the road in Floresville (its about 20 minutes from my house to downtown SA). SA is a great town and lots to do depending on what you are in to.

From past vacations to San Antonio from when I lived in Houston it always seemed like a great place. I love doing anything outdoors really, and of course a barstool and a cold beer is always a great activity.

If you brought your boat, I would recommend checking out Choke Canyon. Pretty area and some good fishing. Just have to watch out for the gators. There's also a lake between Floresville and SA that I've heard has some good fishing as well. I haven't been there though.

Also, you can't beat life just up the road in New Braunfels. Nothing like floating the river with a cold one in your hand, then heading over to Gruene Hall for some Texas Country music.

Sadly, I am not bringing the boat. Don't want to bother with storage right when I get there, and I'm already planning on pulling a trailer out there so an extra trip just isn't worth it. But I am definitely still hoping to do some fishing!

I will definitely be checking the New Braunfels area out! I've been looking up some concert dates for a few different artists and keep seeing people are playing out that way. Being able to see Red Dirt/Texas Country artists live is one of the things I am most excited about. I'll be at the Cody Johnson show on the 3rd of July.

Originally Posted by Longshot270

Boat is being sold back here in Georgia unfortunately. But I am always up for fishing even if it is off a bank.

Originally Posted by aussiekeeper
Bring Mosquito spray.......they have their own airports there.
Originally Posted by bconnaway
^this guy really know the fishing spots!

I'm pretty well versed in the world of mosquitos, we've got a few out here too

Originally Posted by PawPaw
The only time I've really spent there was my 6 week's basic at Lackland AFB. Being only 500 miles away I've been there a number of times and really like the city. The Alamo and the Riverwalk are right in the middle of town with lot's of great Mexican and BBQ restaurant's. New Braunfels..San Marcos...Canyon Lake are close by out in the hill country. Maybe a member that lives in the San Antonio area will chime in with more info....good luck with your move and brush up on your Spanish!!
Thanks man! I'm more than pumped to spend some time out on the Riverwalk. I appreciate the well-wishes and spanish advice. Let's see how quickly Highschool spanish comes back .

Quick Reply: Moving to San Antonio!