South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

San Antonio area

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my truck isnt four wheel drive but i love four wheeling, im from uvalde and i used to have a 86 cj7....all i used to do was four wheel....and hunting i do a little but of white tail and some hog hunting in uvalde....im sure i can find a couple of mudding places.....does anybody know of some good fishing spots.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by grayruckus
my truck isnt four wheel drive but i love four wheeling, im from uvalde and i used to have a 86 cj7....all i used to do was four wheel....and hunting i do a little but of white tail and some hog hunting in uvalde....im sure i can find a couple of mudding places.....does anybody know of some good fishing spots.
I only bird hunt. I am not a big fan duck or deer hunting. Too much work. I like sitting in a field with a beer in one hand, shotgun in the other, waiting for dove to fly over. I actually bird hunt every year in between D'Hanis and Sabinal, which isn't too far from you. As for fishing, I only fish saltwater but I hear there is some good fishing on the way to Corpus and on the way to Flooresville. I think the names of the lakes are Choat and Calaveras.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
hey ill meet up when i get to Ft. Hood with my girl she will come too..

Old 07-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by tequilajohnson
I only bird hunt. I am not a big fan duck or deer hunting. Too much work. I like sitting in a field with a beer in one hand, shotgun in the other, waiting for dove to fly over. I actually bird hunt every year in between D'Hanis and Sabinal, which isn't too far from you. As for fishing, I only fish saltwater but I hear there is some good fishing on the way to Corpus and on the way to Flooresville. I think the names of the lakes are Choat and Calaveras.
Calaveras is decent. It's stocked with redfish and depending on the time of year and bait, you can pull some nice reds out of there.

The other is Choke Canyon. Very nice bass fishing there. Just watch out for the gators.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm down for all types of hunting, I am from NC I do it all from Bear hunting down to gigging frogs

Old 07-18-2008, 01:32 AM
ya my dad does alot of fishing tournaments at choke...ive never been to calaveras i usually go to amistad out in del rio.....i prefer large mouth mass.......does anybody want to have a little meet and greet out at chris madrids?if so all pick a weekend

Old 07-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by grayruckus
ya my dad does alot of fishing tournaments at choke...ive never been to calaveras i usually go to amistad out in del rio.....i prefer large mouth mass.......does anybody want to have a little meet and greet out at chris madrids?if so all pick a weekend
I do alot of fishing at amistad also the only thing my boats on the mexican side so i fish on that side. lots of fun ... i also hunt alot here in mexico mainly whitetails and some time mule deer.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:33 PM
ive never fished on the mexico side but when i was in high school we used to hit up acuna all the time...so i guess you go threw my home town "uvalde".....

Old 07-21-2008, 04:35 PM
yes sir pass by there alot. yeah acun is pretty fun when it comes to the night life jajaja ....im still enjoying it but i go back some time this week to sa, need to find me a summer job.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:11 AM
well if anybody wants to serioulsy meet up...yall pick a date were its good for everybody

Old 07-23-2008, 04:07 PM
ill be living in san antonio in less than a year

Old 07-28-2008, 10:35 AM
back in SA

Old 07-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Hey guys I saw a sign on Hwy 16 outside of Helotes that said "Offroad Ready." I googled it and didn't really find any info on it. Does anyone know anything about it? It was the first time I had ever seen the sign and I drive by there every day. If I can ever get off work at a decent time I will check it out.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by tequilajohnson
Hey guys I saw a sign on Hwy 16 outside of Helotes that said "Offroad Ready." I googled it and didn't really find any info on it. Does anyone know anything about it? It was the first time I had ever seen the sign and I drive by there every day. If I can ever get off work at a decent time I will check it out.
heard anything else bout this? you might wanna stop by one of the offroad shops out this way. I think the one of leslie moved farther out on 16

Old 09-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Wolff-SATX
heard anything else bout this? you might wanna stop by one of the offroad shops out this way. I think the one of leslie moved farther out on 16
No I haven't went by yet. I moved into town and have been insanely busy at work. I'll get by there, but I don't know when.

Quick Reply: San Antonio area