F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   South (https://www.f150online.com/forums/south-92/)
-   -   New Mexico - USA! (https://www.f150online.com/forums/south/308494-new-mexico-usa.html)

WP Bruce 11-13-2007 10:25 AM

New Mexico - USA!

good to see NM is considered SOUTH on here.

ABQ here. any locals have opinions on the shop Desert Rat on San Mateo?

they will be installing my 2.5" leveling kit on Friday, may swap to some 33" BFGs while there...

Desert Dawg 11-30-2007 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by WP Bruce
good to see NM is considered SOUTH on here.

ABQ here. any locals have opinions on the shop Desert Rat on San Mateo?

they will be installing my 2.5" leveling kit on Friday, may swap to some 33" BFGs while there...

Yeah, last time I looked, New Mexico was considered part of the West (or Southwest to be exact) but oh well. Good to see another NM member here. :wave:

I deal a lot with Desert Rat. I know the shop manager for several years. Really good guy who will give you good pricing if he can (Desert Rat gets locked in pricing with certain manufactures) but is always willing to help you out and stands behind all the work they do. I highly recommend them.

WP Bruce 11-30-2007 07:18 AM

Greetings Desert Southwest Neighbor :)

they took care of me pretty well, put two techs on my rig because i had to wait there with it and was done in no time.

didnt have the size of the tire i wanted in stock the day i was there, said i was looking at about a week's wait so, i opted out of that deal.

I see lots of sharp 4X4s around here, hard to believe it is just you and i on here... :rocker:

Chris_H 11-30-2007 11:46 AM

Las Cruces here. You mean we are part of the USA?? News to me. Everybody I call to order things from say they don't ship international! Couple of us from Cruces on here. :bandito:

Chris

MrAggie1982 11-30-2007 12:13 PM

I have not had any experience with them but my buddies swear by them. They have done great install work on their jeep's and i would expect the same on our trucks. I am going to have them install my leveling kit, bull bar and fog lights in December when i get back home from LC. ( Im an AGGIE!!!)
I had a question for you, Is it worth getting the edge evolution programmer? Have you had any problems with yours? Would you reccommend it or should i look for something different?

Desert Dawg 11-30-2007 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chris_H
Las Cruces here. You mean we are part of the USA?? News to me. Everybody I call to order things from say they don't ship international! Couple of us from Cruces on here. :bandito:

Chris

hehe...no lie! Some folks still think they need a visa to come here.

Desert Dawg 11-30-2007 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by MrAggie1982
I have not had any experience with them but my buddies swear by them. They have done great install work on their jeep's and i would expect the same on our trucks. I am going to have them install my leveling kit, bull bar and fog lights in December when i get back home from LC. ( Im an AGGIE!!!)
I had a question for you, Is it worth getting the edge evolution programmer? Have you had any problems with yours? Would you reccommend it or should i look for something different?

I am getting my Edge in about another week or two. I think it is definitely worth the money based on all the magazine write ups and folks here who highly recommend it. You might get slightly better performance out of custom tune like Troyer, but you won't have the cool display and real time adjustability. Anyway, glad to see more NM folks here! :beers:

MrAggie1982 12-02-2007 07:57 PM

We should try to get a meet here in New Mexico. I think there are plenty of people with F150's that would be willing to get out there and bbq and talk trucks.

Chris_H 12-03-2007 08:00 AM

I'm up for the BBQ. Maybe we could meet in the middle in Socorro, I hear there is a lot to do there! :lol:

hunting 12-29-2007 11:12 AM

I am here in Albuquerque and have an 07 SCREW. DR was pretty expensive for the level kit. I bought the parts and Don Chalmers did for $100 if I remember. They do good work on those type of items. Does anyone regret getting the Ford? I think they are a great looking and comftorble driving truck, but the limited slip sucks in the mountains. I wanted a locker installed or a whinch mount, but not a bunch out there for the 07 150. :mad:

Desert Dawg 12-29-2007 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by hunting
I am here in Albuquerque and have an 07 SCREW. DR was pretty expensive for the level kit. I bought the parts and Don Chalmers did for $100 if I remember. They do good work on those type of items. Does anyone regret getting the Ford? I think they are a great looking and comftorble driving truck, but the limited slip sucks in the mountains. I wanted a locker installed or a whinch mount, but not a bunch out there for the 07 150. :mad:

Hey there Hunting! Welcome to the forum! I tried to buy my KR at Don Chalmers too but they were pretty obnoxious about dealing so I purchased mine over at Bob Turners. Anyway, I love the Ford. The only regret or complaint I have is the engine/tranny performance (especially compared to the Chevys), but other than that I am really happy with it.

WP Bruce 12-30-2007 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by MrAggie1982

i need to check in here more often.

the only problem i've had with the Edge was my fault...i broke ther release clip on the cable when it pulgs into the bakc on the module. i wasnt the first to do this and prolly wont be the last either. i havent got around to calling Edge for a replacement, got a temp fix that is working now.

i absolutely LOVE the Edge! love all the parameters that i can monitor in real time, luv all the optional tweeking i can do with it (custom adjustments, tire size, gears, etc.). The increase in throttle response and performance was amazing. the most expected thing for me, was when i finally stepped up to Premium fuel and Program #3 was the increase in MPG! i went from 15.1 to 15.3 stock to 17.4 and UP on level 3. to me that justifies the few extra cents per gallon.

i'd recommend the Edge (tho there are other products out there) and would buy one again, i like it that much.

WP Bruce 12-30-2007 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Chris_H

Chris

Greetings Chris. I've been down to LC a time or two.

New Mexico - USA! funny how that is still on the liscence plates

also funny, the city i live in wil be 302 years old next year...New Mexico has only be a state of the union fior 95 years, hmmm :confused:

Chris_H 01-08-2008 10:58 PM

Haven't been to the Owl bar in a long time. I'd be willing to meet up there if everybody else is game. We'd just have to find a time when everybody is free to go.

Chris

Glennro 01-12-2008 09:13 PM

Hi Chris and everyone! My f150 is a 2001 xlt with a 5.4l triton in it. the truck is stock but I love it. It had just 36000 on it when I bought it from enchantment ford in Las Vegas nm.Iown a ranch 20 miles north of vegas
nm. Just got thru solving a po301 code problem with it. Gonna replace the plugs in it as soon as it warms up a bit. Happy f150ing to all!