South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

New Mexico - USA!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Say hello

Hi Guys; I own a ranch just 20miles north of Las Vegas nm.
My F150 is a 2001 XLT. It had only 36,000 miles on it when
I bought from Enchant Ford in Las Vegas. It is stock, But I love it ,even though I had to solve a po301 problem with it. It has an 5.4L triton in it
and I'm learning new things about computer controlled engines. After
replacing the spark plug,and cop I thought I hjad the problem fix ,but nooo!
It was still missing and code came back. Got checking around and the plug
to the injector could be removed just by blowing on it. Finally found a new
pigtail injector harness @ Circle Distributing in Indiana. Its now running good
again but I 'm gonna change the rest of the plugs out when it warms up.
Happy F150ing to you all.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:51 AM
since we are on this thread....

any of ya'll needing a brand new spare?? sounds funny but it's never been put on my truck (came stock) 235/70r16 michelin i think..

welcome to the site bud... if ya'll see me around abq, give me a shout... i'm the one that has a f150online.com sticker on the back glass

Old 01-21-2008, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
I still need to meet folks from on here
Was it just the 2 of us from Cruces on here so far?

Old 01-21-2008, 11:42 AM

I still need to meet folks from on here
Yeah, one of the hardest things to do is to try and get everyone together for a meet, even as few of us as there are. I have been a TEN member over at Chevy Truck World, Dodge Truck World, and of course here at FTW and it is always the same challenge since everyone have different work, school, or family priorities. Anyway, it would be cool to try and do something; maybe we could plan a meet in early spring someplace in between Cruces and Albuquerque, unless we have members from further north? I would be up for it if I am not traveling for work.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:44 PM
i'm here in the Que.... ehhh we could always do a crest run if the gas prices ever came down

right now it'd cost about $50 to run to the top and back

Old 01-21-2008, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by crash_lucky13
i'm here in the Que.... ehhh we could always do a crest run if the gas prices ever came down

right now it'd cost about $50 to run to the top and back

hehe....no kidding, but it would be fun to do (with the exception that you would already be on the way back down while the rest of us were still coming up. I think I would need my M3 just to keep up....lol....nice ride!)

Old 01-22-2008, 02:59 PM
she get's me in and outta traffic

Old 01-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Hola, been lurking for the last few months, saw this and figured it would be a good time to post up..

Me:
ABQ, VR to be closer
00 Xcab 5.4 4X4, Black 112KMi
CAI, Flowmaster, Hard Tannau (needs repaint, let me know)

Just bought it in Dec 07, trying to catch up on the maintanence, been reading about the plugs... And dreading it..... New to this truck, but I also had a 97, as well as a miriad of other vehicles, Ive been big into the NM 4WD Scene the last 5 years but the budding family has demanded somethinkg different, looking for a camper.

On topic, Darren @ DR is an awsome guy, he's in tune with his customers and the automotive aftermarket segment, DR does overall good work, prices are competative, and typically friendly to boot. Ive been in and out of that place dozens of times over the last 7 years.

But in my opinion McBrides Spring and Custom is a better choice for leveling F Series Trucks, once you see what they do vs. an aftermarket bolt on kit, you will agree, and theyre installed price is usually cheaper than the prices of some comparable kits. I had my 97 leveled by them in 01 after I was dissappointed with a kit, rode like a caddy and didnt sag with a full bed of wood to boot.... A buddy's done the same with his F250, and Ill be doing my latest in the spring...

Old 01-22-2008, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by ROCKING-NM
Hola, been lurking for the last few months, saw this and figured it would be a good time to post up..

Me:
ABQ, VR to be closer

Just bought it in Dec 07, trying to catch up on the maintanence, been reading about the plugs... And dreading it..... New to this truck, but I also had a 97, as well as a miriad of other vehicles, Ive been big into the NM 4WD Scene the last 5 years but the budding family has demanded somethinkg different, looking for a camper.

On topic, Darren @ DR is an awsome guy, he's in tune with his customers and the automotive aftermarket segment, DR does overall good work, prices are competative, and typically friendly to boot. Ive been in and out of that place dozens of times over the last 7 years.

But in my opinion McBrides Spring and Custom is a better choice for leveling F Series Trucks, once you see what they do vs. an aftermarket bolt on kit, you will agree, and theyre installed price is usually cheaper than the prices of some comparable kits. I had my 97 leveled by them in 01 after I was dissappointed with a kit, rode like a caddy and didnt sag with a full bed of wood to boot.... A buddy's done the same with his F250, and Ill be doing my latest in the spring...
Hola back at ya!

You got me interested in the McBrides leveling kit. I just ordered my 2008 F250 SuperDuty FX4 (fully loaded...dang thing cost more than most King Ranches but I got everything) and want to level it so I can put on 35s and other goodies without going overboard. I'll check them out.

Yeah, Darren over at Desert Rat is a good guy. Been a friend of mine since he lifted my Bronco Sport about 15 years ago, and our kids go to the same school so we're always running into each other (not to mention the thousands of dollars I spend at his shop each year...lol).

Old 01-23-2008, 12:29 AM
The Crest?

that little speck that is on top of that big pointy thing to our east......

in other words drive up the back of the sandia's to the sandia crest..... just a sweet ride i always do with RSW...

Old 01-23-2008, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by ROCKING-NM

Me:
ABQ, VR to be closer

wassup neighbor? we are out @ VR as well...for the next few days anyways. Packin' it all up and headed home to Florida. wish i had more time to hang here in NM but it has been a long two years.

thanks for the info

Old 02-10-2008, 03:41 AM
Las Cruces Folks

We should all get together and go to chopes or something

Quick Reply: New Mexico - USA!