South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Aug DFW Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why the early morning Sat Meet? How about later like just before dark or something. I would think more peeps at that time. Comments?

Old 08-14-2007, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can be there this week end! woohooo. Lets do it. My truck is completely stock though since I just bought it last week.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Stealth
We have a birthday party for my son the August 18th and my mother's 60th birthday party on the 19th. Oh well, there will be other local GTG's.
We may still be on for the 25th...stay tuned my wife is working some mojo.

If we can keep the 25th, start at 10 am, I need to bail at 12 noon sharp to be in Fort Smith AR by 5:30 PM or I am dead meat.

Meanwhile my trusty over worked assistant F150Sport will be taking up the responsibilities on this first go around.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:15 AM
So are we meeting up the 17th or 18th?

Old 08-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Unhappy

Come on guys, we can't change the date i've already asked off for the 25th.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by XBrandonDaBomB
Come on guys, we can't change the date i've already asked off for the 25th.
Me thinks we may do both... Jason???

Jason, As for taking over for Jason at noon-- I have stuff going on in the morning, and possibly throughout the day... I will get more info when availible, but for now, I am awaiting my supervisor...

I think this weekend may be shot for me, due to a recruiting ploy I have to go to... but Jason, if you want to meet up in the mornign, that may be an option. I will have more info on this weekend later this week, and when I get it, I will email you, so keep your eyes peeled for an email/.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Hey guys we are still on for the 25th.

The plan for me has changed a little but I will be there on the 25th for a little while and then need to head up to AR.

If anyone wants to meet up this Sat, let me know and we'll be there.

Again there is no real agenda, just looking at others trucks, stereo's, mods, details etc.

Hell, we may be run off by Security, if that happens, I think we can run across the street to Bass Pro.

I would like to see our group get a little more organized for DFW. Nothing formal but planned meeting areas. I like the idea of the Keller's place. They seem to cater to groups like us.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock

Hell, we may be run off by Security, if that happens, I think we can run across the street to Bass Pro.
If this happens, encourage the mall cop to tell you why you are posing a threat by looking at each others trucks...Then, explain to him that they cannot run you out of the parking lot-- The law says that in a parking lot, you have to be assumed as either in transit or parked, and thus, you could be leaving or arriving...As such, there is no part in TX law that allows a person to be run off... The only deal would be the way you park, and the noise you give off... But if everybody HAPPENS to park in a row, and they JUST SO HAPPEN to walk together, it should not be a problem. -- Just dont be revving your engine. And I am pretty sure the security guard will like to frequent the area to also be checking out the rides-- they tend to be into this stuff, as long as you remain civil...

I would also like to see some organization... But with the way things go here, we are all WAY too busy, so organization of ANYTHING in our lives is difficult... But we may try....

Maybe we should plan WAY out, and have everybody post dates they know are unavailible, then make a day, then block it off a month or more in advance. Then, there might be less hassle... Worth a try at least... Also-- have a place, time, and date that works well for everyone, and stick to it. All the changing gets convoluted and crazy... Hard to work around, too..

anyway-- I hope to see you all on the 25th!!!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:34 AM
I would love to meet up when ever. I am usually available just about any time too. If anyone wants to meet up this weekend let me know and I'll be there.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Just another update. We are still on for next week with or without me...

If anyone wants to show up this weekend myself and F150Sport will be at GRM for a few hours.

I get to pick up my truck on Thursday from the body shop so no one gets to judge my front qtr panel. Its officially exempt from judgment on how I take care of my baby.

for those that cannot make it next week.
Ok with that Ryan?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Just another update. We are still on for next week with or without me...

If anyone wants to show up this weekend myself and F150Sport will be at GRM for a few hours.

I get to pick up my truck on Thursday from the body shop so no one gets to judge my front qtr panel. Its officially exempt from judgment on how I take care of my baby.

for those that cannot make it next week.
Ok with that Ryan?
Still waiting on my supervisor. I am calling him tomorrow. I will repost when I know my schedule.

As for vehicle exemptions, I may need one, too... I am busily driving everywhere, and I will probably not get a chance to wash it this week (or last week, or next week...ARGHHH!!!), much less detail it...

If I can go, Look for a 2003 Silver Single Cab f150 with an amber mini lightbar on the top. If there happens to be more than one of those, I have 2 sets of accessory lights in the front, and one set in the back. (Otherwise, look for Fire Department stickers...)

Old 08-16-2007, 05:21 PM
My truck was supposed to be done today, but they called and said that its not and that I should be ready to pick it up on Monday. So needless to say, I have no truck.

No sense of me showing up this sat morning, but if there are some of you going, I hope that Ryan (F150Sport) will show up in my absence.

There is a slight possibility that it will be ready on Friday late but the body shop doubts it.

pretty bummed out.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:06 PM
but if there are some of you going, I hope that F150Sport03 will show up in my absence.
Just got off the phone with my commanding officer... I am to report at our building at 0700 (SWEET!!! I get to sleep in), then to report at ridgemar Mall tomorrow at 10:00... Until they close. We are in a recruiting campaign, and we figured tax free weekend would be the time to do it... More young people to join...

pretty bummed out.
Same here.

I MAY be able to sneak away for a bit, or something to that effect... If anybody is going to be at Ridgemar, look for someone in Navy whites, and ask for the Chief. (They will point you to me, and we can chat...)

Anybody up to change the location to Ridgemar mall??? I know it isnt the best place ever, but I cannot leave their property until relieved by my CO.

Feel free to email me... Sorry to mess things up...

About the 25th-- I am going to be busy until somewhere between 12 and 2 PM... After that, I can make a drive somewhere, as long as nothing comes up...

Unfortuately, my schedule is not going to be getting lighter. Starting pretty soon, I will have a new job, and my time will be harder to plan for... sorry...

Old 08-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Folks

I need to know if anyone is planning on showing this Sat....

If not or low responses I am headed to AR on Friday after work.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:53 AM
I planned on beig there, even asked for tomorrow off. It will suck if no one shows!

Quick Reply: Aug DFW Meet and Greet