South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Hey all ya'll Texicans...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey all ya'll Texicans...

Does anybody here live near Ft. Worth?? It looks like I might be getting a job there soon. What's the place like, I have been there but only passing through, so I know very little about the area. What's there to do in the area etc. Also which parts of town are the best to live in and what parts should be avoided. The place that I will be working at is on the west central part of town.

Joe

Old 10-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Texicans? Someone been watching "The Alamo" lately? It's TEXANS and good luck in FW

Old 10-17-2005, 06:01 PM
To answer your question....Ft. Worth/Dallas have plenty to do...

Live outside the city....

If you call me "Texican" one more time, i'll call you a In-Bred, hillbilly, no-teeth havin', roadkill eatin' Sumbitch.... But, that's only if you call me Texican again.

I think once you move here you'll learn that TEXANS have more pride of their state than any other resident of any other state. So, although you have spken in jest about "Texicans", you've already put a burr under our saddle by mocking our names. I'll buy you one when you get here and we'll celebrate a new "Texan".

Old 10-17-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by Sackett
If you call me "Texican" one more time, i'll call you a In-Bred, hillbilly, no-teeth havin', roadkill eatin' Sumbitch.... But, that's only if you call me Texican again.

I think once you move here you'll learn that TEXANS have more pride of their state than any other resident of any other state. So, although you have spken in jest about "Texicans", you've already put a burr under our saddle by mocking our names. I'll buy you one when you get here and we'll celebrate a new "Texan".
First off, Howdy

As a nearly lifelong Arkansan, it almost hurts me to know that I might have to call Texas home. I spent my whole life telling Texas jokes, now I might be one. Oh well, at least I won't be a Yankee. As for the whole texan/texican thing no offense was meant, I know that TEXICAN is a sore spot with ya'll but I love to pick fights to me it is more of a good natured pick on you buddy sort of thing. What can I say, I grew up in Arkansas it is now second nature. All we ever hear is Texas this and Texas that, everything is better there. Sort of like that loud neighbor, that is always bragging about their stuff, it might be ok stuf but you just get tired of hearing about it. I have heard it all, I even had one guy tell me that the he only would buy a truck sold in Texas because they were taller there than the rest of the country. The worst part was that he was serious.
As for my new title...
Inbred, nope I limit myself to second cousins
Hillbilly, you say that like there is there something wrong with that
No teeth having, I still have a few left picture a Jack-O-Lantern
Road Kill Eating, only if it's fresh and possum
Sumbitch, watch how you talk about my aunt-momma

I might have to take you up on one of those Texas beers, I have heard that they are better.

Joe

Old 10-18-2005, 12:02 AM
Isn't there another post going around here about relocating to Ft. Worth? Can't seem to find it, but I swear it's there because I could remember replying to it this morning.

Old 10-18-2005, 07:28 AM
I reasked the question in GD, I posted the question in here a week ago and got no response.

Joe

Old 11-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
As for the whole texan/texican thing no offense was meant, I know that TEXICAN is a sore spot with ya'll but I love to pick fights to me it is more of a good natured pick on you buddy sort of thing.
Joe
Joe,

Some of us are actually proud to have the nick-name...

Rick

Old 11-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Arlington is a pretty nice and it is between Dallas and Fort Worth. I live in the Hurst, Euless, Bedford area. I have been here for a year and a half and I love it.

Quick Reply: Hey all ya'll Texicans...