South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

Need some assistance DFW area

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some assistance DFW area

Had something happen that I could not pass up. Last night working the late shift I checked ebay and found BBK 3piece pulley set. I placed a bid and in the morning I got them for 137 delivered, I was shocked. Now to the thread, Seeing how I am somewhat inept when it comes to mechanical stuff on my truck "mistress". If there is anyone in the area that knows how to do under drive pulleys I would be greatful for some help learning how to do this. I am willing to offset your time somehow just let me know.

Thanks
Robert
quadkeys@yahoo.com

Old 10-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Come on guys there has to be someone out there that knows how to install these pulleys..I would like to do teh work I just need someone to say twist the bolt, pull that belt. I can bring the beer and cook a mean brisket I have been told.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am interested in the pulleys myself but hear they are a bit hard to install. I would like to check the install if and when you find help. I have not bought them cause I dont think I can put them on alone.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Thats my situation, but the deal was jsut to good to pass up. Hopefully by christmas I will have the dual 16" zirggo fans and a mad controller for it to install. Just need some help a little at a time.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Smile

You might try A&S Automotive and Motorsports in Keller, TX. They seem to know what they are doing when it comes to performance vehicles. Phone: (817) 431-3150

I had my truck dynoed there a couple Saturdays ago and they gave me some pointers. They deal alot with GM vehicles but they are able to do Fords as well.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:48 PM
I don't know about your specific application, but I'm guessing its gonna be about like replacing any set of pullies out there. I don't think you're gonna need an expert, just someone with mechanical sense. I'd love to help but I'm on the opposite side of the metroplex. I would think an open offer of free beer would be enough to entice someone near you to offer up their services. Note: Do not actually give them the free beer while still working on your truck, you may not like the results. LOL

Old 11-04-2005, 09:13 PM
Dang, sorry nobody has posted about helping, still need them installed? I'll be glad to, it'll have to be on a weekend day though, I work Mon-Fri 8-5 and live in Azle. I've installed 2 underdrive pulleys before, I'm guessing you have a crankshaft pulley and alternator pulley, but what does the third one go to? Alternator one might be a bear to do.

Quick Reply: Need some assistance DFW area