South AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX

buying in New Orleans area

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 12:52 AM
BKR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
buying in New Orleans area

Ok I'm ready to buy my first truck. I'm going all out. F150 Lariat Screw. Who in the New Orleans area (Kenner, East, West bank) should I go to. Not only on pricing buy follow up service. Allso the one's I built online and looked at the lot were right at 37000 for those who bought from in the area whats best guess I could walk out with it? I don't plan on doing a trade in if it makes a differance.
Thanks for the info.

Old 05-10-2005, 01:04 AM
BKR
Ok either nobody here ever bought a truck in the New Orleans area or the school system is worse than I though and they don't read web forums. I thought even a Ford salesman would have jumped in on this one.

Old 05-10-2005, 04:09 PM
new truck questions

Go to edmunds and get a TMV for the truck you want also there is a post in the Lightning forum about a guy who can get you an X-PLAN pin number for any ford, i think you may be able to get the x-plan and combine with low APR Ford is offering but I dont know if you can combine rebates and x-plan check w. several dealers and see what they say. Or you may go to one after you get xplan pin, they are supposed to give you so much over invoice. Then go to another once you learn invoice and see if you can get him down to close to invoice and rebate him if you have a loan set up at the bank...Anyway good luck I dont know about down in NOLA I am up here in NELA.

Old 05-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Do not go to Bohn Ford, they will not deal with you. I believe they think their vehicles are made of gold! I bought my Excursion at the Ford dealer off of Veterans by the mall. Sorry I can't think of their name right off hand (this was back in 2000).

Old 05-10-2005, 04:34 PM
BKR
Thanks for the replies. Vets Ford is the lot that has the model most like the one I built off the ford site. I asked for a email quote on it . Price was good until they told me it was the demo and had 3000 miles on it. So now I get to see how much lower they will go.

Old 05-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Make the trip to Baton Rouge and go to Hollingsworth Richards Ford on Flordia Blvd. Bought my 04 FX4 Screw, 18" Aluminum Wheels/ Black Leather/Moonroof/Sliding rear window/AudioPhile 6CD/ Running Boards/ Tailgate Ext W/ Bed Liner for 30K. The sticker on it was 41,215. I shopped the entire gulfcoast and they were the best i found. Blazing Yellow / Black Leather. Now i have a daughter in Hattiesburg and last week i saw a 04 FX4 with 6k on it for 29,500 @ Mc Grubbs in Columbia, Ms. I live in Norwood if i can be of any assistance to you. GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2005, 10:46 PM
BKR
OK I know I'm probley getting in the relm of being in the wrong thread but. I went in to Vet's tonight to discusse a demo model they had. Orig sticker was 36800. It has 3600 miles on it they offer it to me fo 31990. I offered 25000 I started lower but was willing to go up to maybe 26500. Am I in the right ball park? From what I've read on here I can buy brand new 0 miles for what he wanted to give me a what amounts to a used one. Even when I got a quote from the web they offered it to me for 29600.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:47 AM
you might want to try lamarqe ford on williams i have a brother there thats a salesmen . that can help you out .. if you need further assistance let me know

Old 06-02-2005, 12:54 AM
I bought from Bohn Ford in mid city. got treated very well, after service was also pleasant. the rubber mats were missing from my truck, they were ordered and when they came in the salesman "oscar" went above and beyond to get them to me (invited me to a BBQ at his house that evening, I didnt stay got my mats and left)
I also went to Don Bohn "The Bohn Zone" on the westbank, they were terrible the sales/manager/ finance guys seemed like rookies, ask them a question and I got "I'll have to check" did'nt seem too knowledgeable about what they were trying to sell.
Veterans Ford, sales man told me get a chevy
also went to Bill Hood in hammond, bast##ds tried to pull a bait-an-switch on me.
but that was my experiance in the New Orleans area, hope this helps

Old 06-02-2005, 02:19 AM
BKR
Thanks for all the replies, I did finally buy one. I couldn't get Vets to budge on the price they wanted. I wanted nerf bars on it if I was going to pay their price. They said for 400.00 more they would do the nerf bars. Thats more than the msrp on them. So I went over to Bohn in midcity. I cant say I was impressed with any one there but they did have a truck I fell in love with. I did pay a little more than I probley should have but I needed the truck that week and it felt good just to spite vets.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:47 PM
congrats on the buy !!!

Quick Reply: buying in New Orleans area