2009-2014 F-150 SnapRest Armrest Cover Review -AmericanMuscle!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 02:55 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009-2014 F-150 SnapRest Armrest Cover Review -AmericanMuscle!

Looking to add some comfort to your 2009-2014 F-150? Want to avoid sore limbs while driving?

Look no further then the SnapRest ArmRest Cover!

this is hands down one of the best things I've purchased for my truck (Look there's AMAlex' F150)

From the get-go I said to myself "That's something I'd never have...It sticks out..It's an eye-sore"

All it took was one 5 minute drive to realize that I was dead wrong.

$79.95 for something that's going to make your F150 that much more comfortable and enjoyable whether you're on a 3 hour drive, commuting point A to B, or simply just grabbing some lunch in your truck.

Check Out SnapRest ArmRest Covers and let me know if you have any questions and check out some shots below.

Alex

[/CENTER]

Old 04-25-2016, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor
If anyone would like a quote on a SnapRest don't hesitate to let me know!

Alex

Old 04-25-2016, 03:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Any idea if the updated version is out yet that is supposed to address the handle portion?

Old 04-25-2016, 04:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Patman
Any idea if the updated version is out yet that is supposed to address the handle portion?
@Patman - I'm embarrassed to say but have no problem admitting that I'm in the dark about the handle portion issue.

Can you elaborate on what you've seen/heard so I can get a better idea on this and check?

Thanks,

Alex

Old 04-25-2016, 04:47 PM
Global Moderator &

Get your reading glasses ready

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...9-14-f150.html

The link in that thread (to the "other" forum) seems to have dissappeared.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Former Sponsor
Get your reading glasses ready

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...9-14-f150.html

The link in that thread (to the "other" forum) seems to have dissappeared.
@Patman - Sorry about the delay on my end.

I'm assuming that there was a fitment issue correct? Can you elaborate in a few words?

If anything there's not a single issue with mine in my truck!

Any info's greatly appreciated and thanks for doing some legwork for me on this.

Alex

Old 05-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Global Moderator &

Since it takes over the "grab handle" on the interior, a few people reported the snap rest coming out while pulling, or worse, while holding handle to try and keep door from swinging open to far.

One guy severely damaged his door onto a metal post when the wind caught his door. He had a firm grip on the snap rest, but it popped right out and the door took off in the wind.

There was request to have an updated design with at minimum double sided tape, or even better have a bolt hole to utilize factory hardware in the door to insure it doesn't accidentally become dislodged

Old 05-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Former Sponsor
Since it takes over the "grab handle" on the interior, a few people reported the snap rest coming out while pulling, or worse, while holding handle to try and keep door from swinging open to far.

One guy severely damaged his door onto a metal post when the wind caught his door. He had a firm grip on the snap rest, but it popped right out and the door took off in the wind.

There was request to have an updated design with at minimum double sided tape, or even better have a bolt hole to utilize factory hardware in the door to insure it doesn't accidentally become dislodged
Ouch and I mean ouch Patman! Thanks for the feedback here.

In my experience having had this on my F150 for over a year now it has yet to come off or leave me hurting.

I've already slipped (actually badly) on my running boards to the point where I almost bought 6" ones that very day but it's stuck in there pretty good.

I noticed that it did come with some really, really thin plastic on either side of the male piece though (Think peeling something off a new screen on a phone, television, computer monitor)

Thus far I've put maybe more wait/pressure on it than I should but it's in there very securely and hasn't made me concerned yet.

After reading this I'm definitely going to be that much more aware of it (in the back of my head)

I really appreciate you posting this up!

Alex

Last edited by AMWill; 05-02-2016 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Typos

Quick Reply: 2009-2014 F-150 SnapRest Armrest Cover Review -AmericanMuscle!