2009 - 2014 F-150

Fuel Filter

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2019, 10:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Fuel Filter

2010 F-150, Lariat, Crew Cab, 2WD, 130K Miles
My cousin went to his local dealership and ordered this truck in April 2010. I think he took delivery of it June 2010 (6 weeks).
From what I understand, Ford started putting the new heads (with the new one piece spark pug) on the 5.4 3 valve engine about mid year, correct? Well, his truck has those new heads.
What confuses me is, did Ford start putting the fuel filter in the tank the same time they started using the newer heads? My cousin wanted me to order a new fuel filter for this truck. I went to ROCKAUTO.COM and ordered one. It's the same part #/fuel filter that fits my F150.
Anyway, we go to replace it today and there is no fuel filter on the rail under the drivers door...????? WTH!!!!!! So, we call Ford and they state that it's in the tank! HOW? WHEN? Was there a cutoff date on the 2010 F150's to move the fuel filter from being external, to inside of the gas tank?
Well, anyway, I now have an extra fuel filter in my stash.

Old 05-24-2019, 11:14 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
The heads were changed in mid-2008. I think the internal fuel filter came in 2009.

Old 05-25-2019, 07:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Yes in 2009 they changed to an internal filter.

Old 05-25-2019, 12:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Lightbulb

A review of the owner's manual would have provided information regarding the fuel filter (and a plethora of other tidbits)

FUEL FILTER
Your vehicle is equipped with a lifetime fuel filter that is integrated with
the fuel tank. Regular maintenance or replacement is not needed.
(owner's manual) Don't have one -OR- would like a digital, searchable desktop document?

Owner's Manuals ««« -click-

» Select Your Year [ Choose One ]
» Select Your Make [ Choose One ]
» Select Your Model [ Choose One ]
»

Old 03-01-2021, 10:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water in tank

I actually did put a couple bottles of the heel solution in the tank and then I pulled the spark plugs and cranked the engine so as to blow out any water still in the cylinders and the. Used a shop vacuum to vacuum out whet the engine crank missed. I’ll let you know if it starts up when I install the new plugs. Fingers crossed. This is as ANNOYING as it can possibly be.

Old 03-02-2021, 12:20 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation

Brian James - I actually did put a couple bottles of the heel solution in the tank and then I pulled the spark plugs and cranked the engine so as to blow out any water still in the cylinders and the. Used a shop vacuum to vacuum out whet the engine crank missed. I’ll let you know if it starts up when I install the new plugs. Fingers crossed. This is as ANNOYING as it can possibly be.
Not quite sure what you're replying/posting to, however .....
  • Thread is 2-years old -AND- ...
  • The topic was/is regarding fuel filters in a gen'12 F-150. -AND-
  • You've provided no vehicle information.
    HINT/TIP: Put your vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature -OR- provide it in your posting(s).

» Edit Signature «

Old 03-02-2021, 04:10 AM
Question

Originally Posted by Brian James
I actually did put a couple bottles of the heel solution in the tank and then I pulled the spark plugs and cranked the engine so as to blow out any water still in the cylinders and the. Used a shop vacuum to vacuum out whet the engine crank missed. I’ll let you know if it starts up when I install the new plugs. Fingers crossed. This is as ANNOYING as it can possibly be.
What in CORNBREAD HELL are you talking about?

Old 03-02-2021, 04:28 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by gDMJoe
A review of the owner's manual would have provided information regarding the fuel filter (and a plethora of other tidbits)

FUEL FILTER
Your vehicle is equipped with a lifetime fuel filter that is integrated with
the fuel tank. Regular maintenance or replacement is not needed.

(owner's manual) Don't have one -OR- would like a digital, searchable desktop document?

Owner's Manuals ««« -click-
» Select Your Year [ Choose One ]
» Select Your Make [ Choose One ]
» Select Your Model [ Choose One ]
»

You're absolutely correct. MY 2007 F150's owners manual is loaded with a PLETHORA of tid bits.
If you HAD READ my OP you would have seen it read "MY COUSINS 2010 F150," NOT my 2007 F150.
If people would just READ the post they could save themselves humiliation and embarrassment. SMH!

Old 03-02-2021, 10:19 AM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Take it easy on him - I think he replied to this thread by mistake. I believe this is the thread he wanted:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...el-filter.html

Quick Reply: Fuel Filter