2004 - 2008 F-150

Timer for exit lighting 2006 XLT????

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Timer for exit lighting 2006 XLT????

Got a 2006 Ford XLT Regular Cab. I do not have the optional Command Center. How do I adjust the time the headlights stay on after I turn off the key and get out? Mine stay on for about 3 minutes after I park and leave the truck. Any and all help appreciated.

Old 05-21-2019, 10:28 AM
Thumbs up Found Answer!!!!!

Originally Posted by sweet34
Got a 2006 Ford XLT Regular Cab. I do not have the optional Command Center. How do I adjust the time the headlights stay on after I turn off the key and get out? Mine stay on for about 3 minutes after I park and leave the truck. Any and all help appreciated.
OK...I found the answer and it worked perfectly. My headlights now stay on 20-25 seconds before turning off. YEAH....I'm posting answer for others that would like to know.

Your car’s Auto Headlight functionality offers both convenience and safety. The exit delay programmed in means that the lights will stay on after you turn off the engine for a set period of time. You can change how long they stay on to fit your needs. Here’s how to do that:
  1. Make sure the headlight switch is in the Auto position (far left).
  2. Make sure the ignition switch is set to OFF.
  3. Turn the headlight switch OFF (straight up and down).
  4. Turn the ignition switch back to ON, then OFF again (must do within 10 seconds).
  5. Turn the switch back to the Auto position (far left).
  6. Make sure the lights come on.
  7. Wait for the amount of time you want the headlights to stay on, then turn the headlight switch back to OFF (straight up) once more.
  8. The headlight delay should now be programmed.
  9. Now put the headlight switch to automatic (far left).
Tips
  • The maximum delay you can set is three minutes.
  • You can set the system to have no delay by not waiting to turn the switch back to OFF the final time.

Last edited by sweet34; 05-21-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:07 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Good tip!

Old 05-22-2019, 10:47 AM
Thumbs up Programing Automatic timer headlights '06 XLT

OK...I found the answer and it worked perfectly. My headlights now stay on 20-25 seconds before turning off. YEAH....I'm posting answer for others that would like to know.

Your car’s Auto Headlight functionality offers both convenience and safety. The exit delay programmed in means that the lights will stay on after you turn off the engine for a set period of time. You can change how long they stay on to fit your needs. Here’s how to do that:
  1. Make sure the headlight switch is in the Auto position (far left).
  2. Make sure the ignition switch is set to OFF.
  3. Turn the headlight switch OFF (straight up and down).
  4. Turn the ignition switch back to ON, then OFF again (must do within 10 seconds).
  5. Turn the switch back to the Auto position (far left).
  6. Make sure the lights come on.
  7. Wait for the amount of time you want the headlights to stay on, then turn the headlight switch back to OFF (straight up) once more.
  8. The headlight delay should now be programmed.
  9. Now put the headlight switch to automatic (far left).
Tips
  • The maximum delay you can set is three minutes.
  • You can set the system to have no delay by not waiting to turn the switch back to OFF the final time.

Quick Reply: Timer for exit lighting 2006 XLT????