Rechrome or Polished Aluminum wheels??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rechrome or Polished Aluminum wheels??

I'm painting my 2000 F150 at my tech school. I already have about 90% of the parts I'm replacing and need help deciding on my wheels. I'm not planing on getting new ones because I love the look of them apart from the chrome is starting to pit and peal up around the edges. They aluminum so that's where I'm having a hard time deciding. Either I get them rechromed or I remove the chrome all together and get the aluminum polished. What would be the best in the long run? I also would like to know how hard is it to polish aluminum that was chrome plates, is it not worth polishing? Would polished aluminum look weird with the chrome grille and mirror covers?

Old 03-23-2019, 12:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I like those rims. Get them re-chromed.

Also, great job for going to a tech school and actually learning something. (Ya know... a trade...)

Tired of these college yuppies that want to come out of college and steal my position and want to get paid more...

Old 03-23-2019, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! Its not like a big tech school though lol, its our countys career and technical center. So it has everything like auto collision repair which I'm doing, automotive repair for the mechanical side of things, ect... I am thinking about going to a real tech center after highschool.

Old 03-23-2019, 02:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Still better than going to a "regular" college and being prepared for... um, nothing, but paper pushing and delegation.

Quick Reply: Rechrome or Polished Aluminum wheels??