2004 - 2008 F-150

Torque Converter (4R75E)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque Converter (4R75E)

I have a 2007 that I removed the tranny to replace the rear main seal and the flexplate. I tried to reinstall the tranny but the TC bolts are getting hung-up on the spacer plate (I believe) between the block and bell housing when trying to turn the crank by hand. My question is, should the TC center guide pin be flush with the bell housing? Also, it looks as if there were spacers/washers between the TC and the flexplate where they meet, but I don't see them lying on the concrete. I based this off of looking at the old flexplate surface and the TC bolt bases. I only moved the tranny back enough to access the flexplate and the rear main seal. Are there typically spacers/washers sandwiched between the TC and the flexplate? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:37 AM
are you sure the converter didn't get pulled out of the trans when you moved it back

Old 03-20-2019, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by bobwhitecar
are you sure the converter didn't get pulled out of the trans when you moved it back
Thanks for the reply. I checked the clearance from the TC guide pin and the bell housing and found I had about a half inch space. So it did move as you suggested. I reseated the TC and it went in as it should. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Torque Converter (4R75E)