1997 - 2003 F-150

Aux light bar to high beams

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aux light bar to high beams

Looking for the high beam trigger wire from multifunction switch to use with a T-Tap to wire up a light bar via a On-Off-On 3way switch to my high beams on my 2002 KR sCrew. Can someone point me there or should I be considering a different option?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 02-20-2019, 02:43 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
A Haynes Manual will have the wiring schematics. I have the manual for 2004 - 2008, but that won't help you.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:13 AM
Yea, so I have the Haynes manual and if you look at the headlight connectors it will be 3 wires standard, the middle one is the ground. The green and black one is high beams. I’m doing the exact same thing tomorrow actually and I will say don’t use that wire tap and run it all the way into the cab, use it as the switch wire to run a relay, then run the power wire out of the relay into the cab into the on-off-on switch. The current draw may not seem like it will be much but over the distance you run it, it will draw a bit of current and can make your truck look like it’s winking since one has full power and the other doesn’t. Just a suggestion I’ve come across.

Old 06-05-2019, 03:02 PM
Makes sense to this wiring newbie. I'll revise installation plans to include/ incorporate a relay between the wire tap and on-off-on switch per your suggestion. I appreciate your insight and the assistance found on this forum, thank you kindly.

Originally Posted by EF678999
Yea, so I have the Haynes manual and if you look at the headlight connectors it will be 3 wires standard, the middle one is the ground. The green and black one is high beams. I’m doing the exact same thing tomorrow actually and I will say don’t use that wire tap and run it all the way into the cab, use it as the switch wire to run a relay, then run the power wire out of the relay into the cab into the on-off-on switch. The current draw may not seem like it will be much but over the distance you run it, it will draw a bit of current and can make your truck look like it’s winking since one has full power and the other doesn’t. Just a suggestion I’ve come across.

Quick Reply: Aux light bar to high beams