Portable Air Compressor - Is this a good one? Definitely is cheap on Lightning Deal

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Portable Air Compressor - Is this a good one? Definitely is cheap on Lightning Deal

Hi - I'm looking for a small, portable air compressor that I can use to add air to my tires in a pinch. I see this one on sale on Amazon during a lightning deal for the next 4 hours and was wondering if it was a good one?

It gets 5 star reviews and is only $26 - Audew Portable Air Compressor

Thanks for the advice!

Old 12-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Looks OK.

I recommend one of these: https://www.ebay.com/p/Ryobi-Power-I...6893892&chn=ps

I've got one, and it sure is nice.

Old 12-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never had luck with Ryobi products, but then again, I usually buy Dewalt. Seems there are a lot of decent choices in the $20 range, though.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:18 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
The 10ft cord ain't gonna cut it if you have a Supercrew. None of these are mini air compressors are worth much.....but they can beat walking. I carried one for years and still have it. I'd guess mine is close to 25 years old now. That's back when things were made cheap but usable. It has a 25ft cord on it which comes in handy sometimes. You won't live long enough to ever see it pump 150lbs. As the air pressure builds in the tire, output goes down exponentially. Like it's said in the attached vid, it's a light weight emergency tool, not a replacement for a real compressor, but you probably already knew that. Here's a vid from YouTube on a review. I got the impression that the reviewer has the same opinion as I do about any of these things, they're junk looking for a trash can but one could get you out of a bind, maybe.Take a look, you'll see that the cord is not long enough for the rear tire on an extended cab F150. You could cut the far too light wire and add on to it or buy one with a longer cord.

Quick Reply: Portable Air Compressor - Is this a good one? Definitely is cheap on Lightning Deal