An assortment of issues....

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question An assortment of issues....

So I guess this is my introduction to this website, Hello! I created this profile to ask these questions because I am tired of beating my head against the wall over this.
I have had relatively bad luck with my newer pickup lately, I will give relative details, codes and hopefully this community can help me figure this all out. It would be greatly appreciated!
2006 F150 Lariat 5.4- Cold air intake, throttle body spacer, banks 4" exhaust. I believe all of the other aftermarket parts aren't relative to the issues. This might be a lengthy post so I apologize in advance.

P0053 - Ho2S Bank 1 Sensor 1 Heater resistance
P0174 - System Too Lean Bank 2
P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire
P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire
P0345 - Camshaft Position Sensor A Bank 2 Circuit Malfunction
P0349 - Camshaft Position Sensor A Bank 2 CKT Intermittent
P2195 - Oil Temp Sensor Circuit Malfunction

So I figured for safe measure I would replace o2 sensors since it hasn't been done since i've had the truck, and both VCT's for the same reason. Check spark on Cylinder 3. I am very mechanically inclined, but I am not a mechanic. I am wondering if I'm missing something that might be linking all of these together? I have lost faith in every mechanic in my town so any help would be appreciated. Also, the timing cover has a hole in it (pulley locked up and came off of belt system, before i could get the truck shut off it spun enough to wear a hole) and it was fixed with layers and layers of superglue and gorilla tape. I am capable of rebuilding/replacing parts I'm just unsure of where to start. Thanks!

Taylor

Old 04-16-2018, 11:23 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Remove the "cold air" intake and the throttle body spacer, go back to stock. The 5.4 will run excessively lean with those unless you get a programmer with custom tunes.

Old 04-17-2018, 01:26 PM
All of my aftermarket parts have been on for over 5 years and the truck hasn't had any issues until recently. Any suggestions on the cam codes?

Old 04-17-2018, 06:45 PM
"Remove the "cold air" intake and the throttle body spacer, go back to stock."
This thread is pretty interesting. Is the engine management really that delicate?
The "4 exhaust jumped out at me as being pretty excessive for a gas engine...Around here, rodents would build a nest in that thing!

Old 04-17-2018, 09:31 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Spacers don't help unless the vehicle has a carb. Useless under a throttle body with port injection.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:59 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Aftermarket intakes run lean because the MAF is not properly reading the volume of air. A custom tune will compensate for this. This is fairly unique to the 5.4 3 valve.

Quick Reply: An assortment of issues....