Anyone tackled JBA Shorty Headers on 5.4?

Old 02-24-2018, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone tackled JBA Shorty Headers on 5.4?

Bought a set on Ebay for a good price and going to install. Anyone done it? Total PITA? 2007 F150 5.4v. Hoping to pick up some nice power seeing as I am running 15 psi off the Whipple.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:01 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
leave them in the box for best results

as they are a proven waste of time and money, I highly encourage you to research future mods prior to making purchases

Old 02-24-2018, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My question wasn't, "After you installed them what was your results.". My question was about the install itself. I have a leak in my existing manifold so I have to replace regardless.

Originally Posted by tarajerame
leave them in the box for best results

as they are a proven waste of time and money, I highly encourage you to research future mods prior to making purchases

Old 02-24-2018, 01:52 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
so replace with another manifold, will perform the same with less hassle than the worthless shorties

Old 04-29-2018, 08:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JBA mistake

Originally Posted by radelow
Bought a set on Ebay for a good price and going to install. Anyone done it? Total PITA? 2007 F150 5.4v. Hoping to pick up some nice power seeing as I am running 15 psi off the Whipple.
Don't do it. I got JBA shorty headers for my 2006 F-150 and it was the biggest mistake I ever made with regards to my truck. They warped and started leaking in very little time. I left them in and it gradually got worse, so I had to do something about it. I took it to an exhaust shop that works with headers - i figured a professional install was needed. Well , i had them order a new set. Well, this time they lasted longer but the same result. This time I let it go much longer, mainly because my wife was driving it and I didn't realize how bad it was. She had been driving around with the engine light for quite a while. I drove it and it was horrible. It was slow, loud and engine light was on and it began to blink when I took it on the highway. Well, I fried the converters. Not only did I have to get the hraderh replaced, but I hdh to get new converters. In ccas you haven't had to do this, it's expensive AF/cha-ching! This time, I did a kitlit research and I noticed the flange thickness on the jba headers is 3/8. I looked up other headers , banks in particular. Banks headers are 5/8 inch. I know headers in general are frowned upon because they are seen as less reliable and prone to warping. Well, I don't know if it would have happened to the banks headers, but the thicker flange would probably alleviate some of that if not eliminate it. They also make Fasteners that will prevent backing out. I was going to go for those Banks headers, but I decided against it at the last minute. I figured I'd already spent enough money experimenting so I decided on replacing it with stock manifolds once again. So far so good, but I'm telling you from experience stay away from the JBA. Mine didn't just work they cracked, both of them and in different places. Good luck

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-18-2018, 06:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just a note for those who live in CARB states. CAT forward mods or shorty headers usually come with a CARB EO approval that you might not get otherwise.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone tackled JBA Shorty Headers on 5.4?