Catalytic converter question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Catalytic converter question

On my 02 f150 4.6 I currently have true dual exhaust, headers, and a tuner running on it now.
My current cats are rotted out near the tops and clogged in th rears. I’m lookinb in to buying new catalytic converters but don’t really want to buy the factory direct fit since they’re more expensive, restrictive, quite, and they would have to be cut at the Y to fit the dual anyways Could I get away with doing one highflow on each pipe without CEL as long as I do the o2 sensors, one after the headers and one after the cat? My tuner allows me to turn off my rear o2 sensors if that would help at all.
Right now I have my rear o2s off and the only occasional code I get is the bank too lean which I always had come in every now and then even before the Exhuast and tuner, so I know the o2s off don’t cause a code themselves

Old 01-16-2018, 02:17 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
That should be fine, but you really should put in a X-pipe if you run true duals. If you do trip a CEL, an option other than turning the rear O2's off in a tune would be the Gotts mod antifoulers.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
That should be fine, but you really should put in a X-pipe if you run true duals. If you do trip a CEL, an option other than turning the rear O2's off in a tune would be the Gotts mod antifoulers.
I can probably put one on when I do the new cats.,cuz I was thinking about it since you can tell Exhuast is uneven output coming out of tips. Thanks!Can your leave a link to that mod for me

Old 01-16-2018, 03:45 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Old 02-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can totally replace your OE cats with aftermarket hi-flows. Magnaflow part # 94136 would be a good choice. 1 per side, and definitely mount the front sensors in an appropriate location as they measure air:fuel ratio. I assume your headers are shorties?

Quick Reply: Catalytic converter question