2015 - 2020 F-150

Sun Roof Leak on 2016 Platinum F-150

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 11:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sun Roof Leak on 2016 Platinum F-150

i need some help resolving an issue. How many people have experienced a water leak in their F-150? After only a year mine leaked everywhere. It was a huge inconvenience. However, my miles have gone over 35,000 and Ford refuses to acknowledge a manufactured defect.
Im pretty pissed off about having to pay $200 to fix the leak, and I only joined this forum to find others with a similar experience.
Thanks.

The following users liked this post:
Old 11-17-2017, 11:48 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Old 11-18-2017, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you. I found "The Leaky Ford Guy" on YouTube, and I have found MANY others with the same issue. My panties are in a real bunch over this one. Not because the issue exists, but rather because they want me to pay for their issues.
I will keep searching and bring others together on this. I am PISSED!!

Old 08-01-2019, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue. Had dealer replace the tracks, guides even the glass and still leaks. I am taking to another dealer to see if they can fix since the first one couldn’t and said this was normal. Smh how can getting water in your headliner be normal. I’m beyond upset with Ford and the dealer.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Sun roofs are like swimming pools, I won't have another one! They're a lot more problems than they're worth!

Old 08-02-2019, 05:36 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
My '17 Platinum had the issue when I first got it. Wet floor on passenger side after rain or even a car wash. I brought it to the dealer and he asked me to bring it back on the one day a week his "sunroof" guy was working. "Sunroof" guy fixed it, never had a drop again. I asked him what he did. He claims he removed the molding around the A pillar to get at the drain tube (there are 4 of them according to him, one at each corner of the roof). He said the drain tube was crimped from the factory install and caused the water to back up until it came down the outside of the A pillar and leaked all the way to the floor.
Whatever he did, I have a dry floor in even the most serious downpours.

When it rains I can sit in the truck and watch the dripping at the sunroof joint. BUT, it drips into the drain channel and flows out through one of the drain tubes. Over a year since the fix and everything is dry inside from headliner to carpet.