Introduction Forum Introduce yourself to the Community here! If you have a technical question, try posting it in the appropriate forum.

Hello from Washington

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 04:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from Washington

Greetings,

I just bought a new to me single previous owner 2007 Supercrew Harley Davidson in Purple. The truck has a little over 101K and is in great shape.

I need to fix the leaky 3rd brake light, and I just ordered a new fuel pump driver module as I have that fun driveline stutter under light acceleration when doing between 40 and 50mph.

So far I am loving the truck and hope to have it for a number of years to come.

David

Old 10-19-2017, 04:17 PM
glc
Received 758 Likes on 702 Posts
If it has 101k and you are getting that stutter, it's more than likely it needs new spark plugs. Plenty of threads in both the V-8 forum and 04-08 forum about that. It's very possible that's one reason the previous owner got rid of it, didn't want to deal with the possible hassle of breaking them.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by glc
If it has 101k and you are getting that stutter, it's more than likely it needs new spark plugs. Plenty of threads in both the V-8 forum and 04-08 forum about that. It's very possible that's one reason the previous owner got rid of it, didn't want to deal with the possible hassle of breaking them.
This could have been an issue, but I was told that ford replaced all the old three piece plugs prior to putting it on the lot to be sold, so all new plugs "should" be in it. I will replace the fuel module, and if that does not work, I will start on coils and some of the other issues people have sorted through.

As for the previous owners, they are a mid to late 60's couple that decided that after 10 years they wanted a new rig. This thing is immaculately taken care of!

Old 10-19-2017, 07:36 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Good looking truck!

Old 10-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Good looking truck!
Thanks!

Old 12-30-2017, 03:02 PM
So, I have been chasing the 5.4 stuttering issue that occurs between 40 and 50 mph...

I started by checking and replacing the fuel pump regulator. Simple fix to make, and they are known to fail, especially in areas with high corrosion due to road salt. This did not fix my issue, but I have read that it has fixed the issue for others.

I eventually had enough, and had Ford do some tests. They found I had a sticking throttle body and a misfire on one of my coils. Instead of having them rape my wallet for the fix, I replaced all coils and the throttle body this morning (also replaced the fuel filter).

I just got cleaned up and will be taking it for a long test drive. I hope this wild goose chase will finally be over...

Fingers crossed!

Old 12-30-2017, 04:54 PM
Update, it seems that the stutter has been taken care of!