Help with Wheel Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with Wheel Fitment

Hello all!

So, I'm trying to help out a friend at work, he's a somewhat older fellow and doesn't know much about wheel fitment. I'm more of a car guy so wheel fitment is totally different on trucks than it is my 370z! Anywho, he drives a 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 and has his heart set on Chip Foose Legends in 20" ... I found them online in 20x9 +25... I also wouldn't know what tire sizes to recommend... He doesn't want any poke if it can be avoided, flush with the fenders or close to stock would be optimal... it's just his daily driver so he only needs something that rides nice, no off roading or anything. Would these be a good fit? I've also seen some wheels online for trucks that specify RWD, are there specific AWD wheels? What's the difference? I assume 4x4 would just need to be a square set up for sensors to get accurate readings? Or is that incorrect?

Thanks everybody!

Last edited by SwayNV; 10-17-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SwayNV
Hello all!

So, I'm trying to help out a friend at work, he's a somewhat older fellow and doesn't know much about wheel fitment. I'm more of a car guy so wheel fitment is totally different on trucks than it is my 370z! Anywho, he drives a 2013 F150 XLT 4x4 and has his heart set on Chip Foose Legends in 20" ... I found them online in 20x9 +25... I also wouldn't know what tire sizes to recommend... He doesn't want any poke if it can be avoided, flush with the fenders or close to stock would be optimal... it's just his daily driver so he only needs something that rides nice, no off roading or anything. Would these be a good fit? I've also seen some wheels online for trucks that specify RWD, are there specific AWD wheels? What's the difference? I assume 4x4 would just need to be a square set up for sensors to get accurate readings? Or is that incorrect?

Thanks everybody!
If he is running the factory wheels that are 7.5 +44 the new wheels will have 3mm added inside clearance and extend an extra 41mm outward. That is about 1.6" depending on tire size. May want to take a few measurements and see if that works. As for tire size that all depends, does he want to have a little larger tire, or lower profile for street look. There are going to be tons of tire options, unfortunately "something that rides nice" doesn't quite narrow it down.