Light bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 04:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light bars

I have a 40 inch light bar for the front with a box that will turn up to 4 or 5 devices on via a remote control. No one wanted to weld on my truck or fabricate a mount so best I can figure now is mounting the front light bar dead in front on the hood . I would like it mounted on the cab but can't get anyone to fabricate or weld and I don't want to drill through the cab bc I read some never really could seal after drilling cab. I'm more concerned with seeing backing up at night and lighting up an area in the front ie. assisting a disabled vehicle or lighting up an accident scene or fishing and attracting bait fish. So my compromise to mount front bar is on front of hood. I've completed hours of research on this subject. The rear light bar is about 21 inches. Any tips for sntithefting the Allen screw that holds bar onto bracket? Someone suggested red locktite. If I use carriage bolts for front it would be pretty secure with hood latched.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:30 AM
Here is the remote for turning on lights remotely: https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/a...851067/2499489

Old 08-17-2017, 05:02 PM
135 views, and no response. Is this forum very active?

Old 08-20-2017, 12:48 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Drill holes yourself. Use Rivet Nuts. Worried about leaking? Apply a ring of silicone around the hole, and use a washer. The silicone will set and no water will leak in. Or you could simply drill holes, and rivet the light to your roof. Silicone will also fill the gaps and keep water out. You're not worried about resale value, right?

Originally Posted by FLFordF150
I have a 40 inch light bar for the front with a box that will turn up to 4 or 5 devices on via a remote control. No one wanted to weld on my truck or fabricate a mount so best I can figure now is mounting the front light bar dead in front on the hood . I would like it mounted on the cab but can't get anyone to fabricate or weld and I don't want to drill through the cab bc I read some never really could seal after drilling cab. I'm more concerned with seeing backing up at night and lighting up an area in the front ie. assisting a disabled vehicle or lighting up an accident scene or fishing and attracting bait fish. So my compromise to mount front bar is on front of hood. I've completed hours of research on this subject. The rear light bar is about 21 inches. Any tips for sntithefting the Allen screw that holds bar onto bracket? Someone suggested red locktite. If I use carriage bolts for front it would be pretty secure with hood latched.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:12 AM
I ended up drilling through the hood slightly above radiator. The hood already has faded paint and if need be, I could just replace the hood which is already missing clear coat and is hazy looking.

Old 09-02-2017, 02:15 AM
I'm going to use carriage bolts so they might steal the light but probably not the brackets until and unless I get the screws that hold the light welded but that's not even looking so feasible.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I wouldn't weld it. Keep it bolt on. So that you can change it out if you have to.