Superlift 2" Leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 09:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superlift 2" Leveling kit

I've read all the great sticky's, do's and don't, some real good info, and I'm about to pull the trigger on the Superlift 2" level 1 kit for my 2008 f150 4x4. does anyone have any insight on how good this kit is? are there any better kits ? I'm in a rural area, lots of mud holes and dirt roads to have some fun in. ALMOST got mine stuck in a deeper that I expected mud home, but the truck climbed out eventually, I'd like the extra height and 33"s on this truck for the next time I'm in that hole

the kit I am looking at is
2 inch Lift Kit - 2004-2008 Ford F-150 4WD - with Rear Superide Shock
Thanks folks

Pete

Old 07-26-2017, 10:41 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Your driving area either requires you to go slow or go big...
I have spacers in my truck. Great for small bumps in the road, but not for play.
You'll want a kit that is designed for off road. Not spacers.

It's only $$$.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:03 AM
Originally Posted by MKTRUCK
Your driving area either requires you to go slow or go big...
I have spacers in my truck. Great for small bumps in the road, but not for play.
You'll want a kit that is designed for off road. Not spacers.

It's only $$$.
my main reason for posting was if anyone had any experience with the Superlift products ?
and I agree, and from what I've read I still needs to get a proper alignment no matter what options I choose. I had a 98 Ranger with a 3" lift off road package and had no issue fitting 31x10's and that's my main driving factor, I want the stance the 2" gives me, and the ability to get 33"s under me. This truck is not just for play, or I'd go wild, the wife @ 5 foot nothing still needs to use it load feed and hay for the horses. Thanks Truck !

Old 07-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by cvitullo
my main reason for posting was if anyone had any experience with the Superlift products ?
and I agree, and from what I've read I still needs to get a proper alignment no matter what options I choose. I had a 98 Ranger with a 3" lift off road package and had no issue fitting 31x10's and that's my main driving factor, I want the stance the 2" gives me, and the ability to get 33"s under me. This truck is not just for play, or I'd go wild, the wife @ 5 foot nothing still needs to use it load feed and hay for the horses. Thanks Truck !
Thanks...I new I forgot something. I have used them previously on a '96 F250. I had a couple of questions about the install and was able to get answers on a Saturday. Most suppliers today offer similar service.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:40 PM
When you said "lift", you got my hopes up. Turns out that's a level kit. I wish someone did make a 2" lift. As it is, I've got HaloLifts coilovers, nice, but I think a bit more UCA clearance would ease my mind a bit.

Wow, you did say level, guess I'm a bit more tired than I thought.

Last edited by johnday; 07-26-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by MKTRUCK
Thanks...I new I forgot something. I have used them previously on a '96 F250. I had a couple of questions about the install and was able to get answers on a Saturday. Most suppliers today offer similar service.
good to know Truck thanks, I have a neighbor that was willing to install the kit for me for a trade, I do some Bush-hogging for him but from what I've seen the kit looks easy to install, I wrench on my own bikes, and cars, how hard can it be -
again thanks

Old 07-27-2017, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by johnday
When you said "lift", you got my hopes up. Turns out that's a level kit. I wish someone did make a 2" lift. As it is, I've got HaloLifts coilovers, nice, but I think a bit more UCA clearance would ease my mind a bit.

Wow, you did say level, guess I'm a bit more tired than I thought.
well there are actual lift kits I was looking at but I didn't want to go crazy with a truck we use around the ranch and only occasionally go off road mudding
this kit looks like it will give me what I need

Old 07-27-2017, 11:27 AM
Ya, those spacers will do exactly what you want. I had 2" spacers in myself at one time, and zero problems.
When/if you do this, make sure you pull the plug on the EPAS, and get an alignment afterwards.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Ya, those spacers will do exactly what you want. I had 2" spacers in myself at one time, and zero problems.
When/if you do this, make sure you pull the plug on the EPAS, and get an alignment afterwards.
great thanks John, thanks for the tip on the EPAS

looks like no EPAS for that year F150

Last edited by cvitullo; 07-27-2017 at 11:52 AM. Reason: add info
Old 07-31-2017, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by cvitullo
great thanks John, thanks for the tip on the EPAS

looks like no EPAS for that year F150
I sure screwed things up on this thread!! Seems my comprehension of my first language has really gone to the dogs!!!

Old 07-31-2017, 10:45 AM
I sure screwed things up on this thread!! Seems my comprehension of my first language has really gone to the dogs!!!
Wonders never cease: the wife now tells me for 2" forget it, basically telling me to go big not not at all, so I'm looking 6" now