surging while on the breaks

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
surging while on the breaks

I own a 2011 F150 eccoboost FX4. It currently has 43,000 miles. I took it in to my dealer for a battery and.the old misfire under WOT issue. They changed the coil packs, plugs, battery and said she was good to go. Upon picking up the truck, while holding the brake and selecting a gear, the truck starts to surge. It drives fine and isn't only noticeable when almost at a stop braking or release the brake to accelerate. The service tech claimed the cpu had to learn everything again.It didn't do this before and I am having a hard time getting the dealership I call me back. Anyone have experience with this issue?
Cross posted in breaks too.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When you say it's surging, is the engine speed actually changing or is it like the engine is trying to overpower the brakes? There is a vacuum generator on the EB that helps the brake booster work since there are times when the source of vacuum is not there. Ford extended the warranty on this part till 120,000 miles and 10 years on the 2011s. This might be your issue.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:31 PM
the engine speed remains the same, no throttle input just letting off the brake, the only time I feel it is almost at a complete stop while braking or, releasing the brake after stopped

Last edited by Joe Corona; 07-20-2017 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:29 AM
yesterday I put the truck in reverse from a stop and completely let off the breaks. the truck was surging as it was moving backwards with no throttle input and no brakes. The tach was not registering any deviation, the rpms remained the same. now I am getting worried.