Brakes or engine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes or engine?

I own a 2011 F150 eccoboost FX4. It currently has 43,000 miles. I took it in to my dealer for a battery and.the old misfire under WOT issue. They changed the coil packs, plugs, battery and said she was good to go. Upon picking up the truck, while holding the brake and selecting a gear, the truck starts to surge. It drives fine and isn't only noticeable when almost at a stop braking or release the brake to accelerate. The service tech claimed the cpu had to learn everything again.It didn't do this before and I am having a hard time getting the dealership I call me back. Anyone have experience with this issue?

Last edited by Joe Corona; 07-20-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-22-2017, 04:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you need to go up to the dealership and explain your concern. I agree that the computer needs to relearn certain things (i.e. idle and shift points), however this is a fairly quick process and it should return to normal after a day or so of driving. Because it is driving fine and your issues seem to be while you are idling or at a stop, it makes me think there is a vacuum tube or something intake related that has been altered and not re-installed properly. This also might be a long shot, but make sure your new battery is up to OEM specs and has the cranking amps you need. a weak battery/charging system could result in poor idle and the surging you describe. Watch your lights when you come to a stop and see if they are dimming