Line Sucking Air

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Line Sucking Air

Hello,

I'm new to the forum but have used this website a multitude of times in assisting with my ongoing issue of my 07 F150 COP and misfire issues.

I am am currently dealing with them now. Although, there is one small hose that continuously sucks air every time I have the truck running and will suck air for a few minutes after I have turned it off. I cannot for the life of me figure out where it goes or if it is intended to be doing that (I figured it is not intended to suck air). Attached is a picture of the line I am speaking of. One hose is connected to my fuel rail sensor and from some pictures I've seen the other hose is normally connected to the pvc hose but there is not a place for me to hook mine too. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 07-16-2017, 08:10 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Until you figure out where it goes, I'd plug it.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
It's for your bubble gum when you're finished chewing it! @glc is right.

Seriously - I do not understand why it would be routed that way... but it looks exactly like the one on my 5.4 that is plugged and lays on Bank 1 side where a fuel rail pressure sensor for Bank 1 would be located (if it had one). It has a factory plastic plug in it. If I unplug it, it sucks air. The line "Y" is at the vacuum source port on the very low back of the intake manifold. But if yours is sucking air - it is not air that is 'metered' by the MAF and you should have a P0171 and P0174 (Lean both banks) and very positive Fuel Trims on both banks. (And maybe misfires).