Kenwood 6x8s

Old 07-12-2017, 11:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenwood 6x8s

If you're looking for a decent set of replacement speakers at a great price you might want to look at these. At that price each speaker comes out to $10. (edit: price jumped up to $60) Not bad just to upgrade from factory speakers. If you do buy new speakers and get the Metra speaker harness to install them make sure the polarity isnt reversed. I had to reverse the terminals when I installed some other speakers in my truck.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by che22879; 07-13-2017 at 01:09 AM. Reason: price changed
Old 08-18-2018, 09:41 AM
hi im looking into updating my 4 door speakers in my 2013 f150 excab and need some help on knowing what will fit and what is better in todays sound system as im an old school guy, now whats really dif between 2ways and 3ways is it the depth of speakers for fitting purpose or better sound? ive also noticed on some kenwoods ive looked at they have paper cones which seems old school to me vs. the poly cones which would you recommend. Also how hard is it to replace them the youtube vids make it look fairly easy just lookn for some opinions thanks

Old 08-18-2018, 10:27 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Right off Google... The Benefit Of 2-Way And 3-Way Speaker Systems. ... Therefore, speakers that handle the high-end frequencies (known as tweeters) tend to be relatively smaller than woofers. In a 3-way system, a speaker that handles the midrange is added. This mid-range speaker is smaller than the woofer but larger than a tweeter.

It's pretty simple.

One thing I need to do is upgrade the speakers in my truck... got a nice Pioneer deck, but the speakers are lacking. It's not so much the $$, it's the time to do it.

Old 08-18-2018, 11:14 AM
ya I just wasn't sure if 3way was a little to deep for installs thx what about the cones material one over the other or is it for dif sound

Old 08-23-2018, 08:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I personally have used Polk DB series and Kicker KS series speakers with a marine rating. That usually means Poly cones and I always buy speakers with butyl rubber surrounds.
There are so many choices and everyone has their own brand loyalties. It's for the most point personal preference and budget that determine what people buy. I buy for long term
use and the ability to amp later if I get froggy...lol As far as 2 or 3 way speakers it depends on the drivers frequency response. Some tweeters can only play down to 4 KHZ and
others can play down to 1KHZ combined with a woofer that can play up to 1KHZ leave little need for a midrange. Keep in mind the specs of each speaker and also what just sounds
better to you. Good luck.

Search this Thread