Tuner advice for 11 ecoboost e30

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuner advice for 11 ecoboost e30

I am the proud new owner of a 11 ecoboost super crew 4x4 off road package. I really like it, decent power, decent mileage, but I know it could be better. I live in South Dakota where we have 87 octane 10% ethanol, 91 octane premium (around 40+ cents higher), e 20, 30, and 85 are very easy to find (lots of ethanol plants in our area). I know that a tuner for my pickup is the best bang for your buck in upgrading power. i also know that a cold air intake and down pipe will help some as well, but with a lot higher cost for power gained.
My question is, who has e30 specific tunes? I'd like an economy 87, performance tow 87, economy e30 and performance e30 tune. Would running a 93 tune with e30 be detrimental? I believe e30 is around 94-95 octane. I would use the 87 octane most of the time because I know mileage decreases with higher ethanol. My 07 flex fuel 5.4 taught me a lot about that. I like burning corn whiskey though because I am a farmer and love to support the ethanol plants.
I've been told by a guy I really trust on ethanol that I can run e30 on my stock tune but that mileage will go down a lot when running full throttle or towing. I have diesel pickups and semi trucks to do most of my towing and this pickup is my personal rig, so it won't be doing much towing, full throttle could be another story though lol.
What kinds of gains could be made with just a tuner and e30? My dad is rather smug about his gm 6.2's ability to go. I'd love to sail past him with a turbo whistling.
Anyone have experience?

Old 05-29-2017, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forgot to mention, I'd like to be able to adjust for tire size, and ideally I'd like a dash display with a boost gauge.