2015 - 2020 F-150

2016 F150 Limited

Old 07-21-2015, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 F150 Limited

$When the Platinum just won't do$

New Top-of-the-Line Ford F-150 Limited Is Most Advanced, Luxurious F-150 Ever
Ford, America’s truck leader, introduces its most advanced and luxurious truck ever – the Ford F-150 Limited.
  • New Ford F-150 Limited meets the growing needs of discerning truck customers interested in exclusivity, capability and craftsmanship – those looking to differentiate themselves from buyers of other high-series trucks
  • Innovation comes standard with new F-150 Limited – including SYNC® 3 with AppLink™, and class-exclusive1 features such as a 360-degree camera system, adaptive cruise control, quad-beam LED headlamps, remote tailgate release and multicontour massaging front seats
  • Exclusive exterior and interior design elements include raised LIMITED lettering on the hood, unique custom satin-chrome grille and tailgate, 22-inch wheels, genuine fiddleback eucalyptus, Mojave leather seating surfaces, unique instrument cluster face and laser-engraved VIN plate with production number

media.ford.com

Old 07-21-2015, 11:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
New Ford F-150 Limited meets the growing needs of discerning truck customers interested in exclusivity, capability and craftsmanship – those looking to differentiate themselves from buyers of other high-series trucks
I hate this marketing bull****

At the end of the day, it's a truck. It's not a Mercedes S class or BMW 7 series, or Jaguar or Bentley or Rolls or Cadillac or even a Lincoln

It might be almost as comfortable as what is termed a "Luxury vehicle", but it is not a prestigious vehicle. But it has the price tag approaching ludicrous...

To the average person, they will not know the difference between an F150 XLT and a Limited. It's a truck to them, so in essence you people buying these $60-$70,000 are just like the "corvette guy" for trucks

For about $1000-$2000, I could probably buy all those parts, put them on my XLT and look super cool, as I pull up to the valet line behind a line of BMW's and Mercedes, right?

Old 07-21-2015, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazynip
I hate this marketing bull****

At the end of the day, it's a truck. It's not a Mercedes S class or BMW 7 series, or Jaguar or Bentley or Rolls or Cadillac or even a Lincoln

It might be almost as comfortable as what is termed a "Luxury vehicle", but it is not a prestigious vehicle. But it has the price tag approaching ludicrous...

To the average person, they will not know the difference between an F150 XLT and a Limited. It's a truck to them, so in essence you people buying these $60-$70,000 are just like the "corvette guy" for trucks

For about $1000-$2000, I could probably buy all those parts, put them on my XLT and look super cool, as I pull up to the valet line behind a line of BMW's and Mercedes, right?
You won't buy all those goodies for $2k. You're dreaming.

Sit in them both and you will know the difference immediately. It's like the difference between a cloth Fusion and a loaded up Lincoln MKZ. Don't hate because you can't afford one. I can't afford a Limited, but think it's cool Ford is catering to all levels of the market.

Old 07-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
You won't buy all those goodies for $2k. You're dreaming.

Sit in them both and you will know the difference immediately. It's like the difference between a cloth Fusion and a loaded up Lincoln MKZ. Don't hate because you can't afford one. I can't afford a Limited, but think it's cool Ford is catering to all levels of the market.
I'm saying for that kind of money I would rather have a BMW... and let's not fool ourselves, these are trucks at the end of the day

And it's not a matter of "I can't afford it", it's just not wise to spend that on what is, at the end of the day, a half ton truck

Old 07-21-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm saying for that kind of money I would rather have a BMW... and let's not fool ourselves, these are trucks at the end of the day

And it's not a matter of "I can't afford it", it's just not wise to spend that on what is, at the end of the day, a half ton truck
Will a BMW pull a travel trailer? What about a boat? What about hauling lumber home from the lumber yard? What about plow through a foot of snow?

What if I want the ability to do all those things, but don't want two vehicles, or just like driving a truck? Oh, and I want the luxury of a BMW.

You may prefer a BMW for that price, but fact is, many people want or need a truck to do truck duties, and want the niceties of the truck too.

Oh, and I'd lay money on the F150 holding much better resale value than that BMW too.

Old 07-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
Will a BMW pull a travel trailer? What about a boat? What about hauling lumber home from the lumber yard? What about plow through a foot of snow?
Let's not fool ourselves here...

These people driving the limited's arent going to the lumber yard, or pulling travel trailers, and their version of "off road" is the gravel parking lot at the antique store

What if I want the ability to do all those things, but don't want two vehicles, or just like driving a truck? Oh, and I want the luxury of a BMW.
But it's not luxury, it's a truck, with some more comfy seats, and a couple different plastic parts here and there... it's "fake luxury"... BWM 7 series, Jag's, etc are purposely designed luxury vehicles. They arent pickup trucks with some different parts substituted here and there, and maybe a different shade of white (lol)

You see luxury, like I said, most people who would drive a luxury vehicle would scoff at this...

You may prefer a BMW for that price, but fact is, many people want or need a truck to do truck duties, and want the niceties of the truck too.
And for the most part, if those people can afford a true luxury vehicle, they can afford to have a truck to do truck things, and a luxury car to drive to the country club...

It's not like the current cell phone mentality where you have 1 device do 10 different things in a pretty mediocre way...

Oh, and I'd lay money on the F150 holding much better resale value than that BMW too.
Not a chance, but keep believing that

Old 07-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Let's not fool ourselves here...

These people driving the limited's arent going to the lumber yard, or pulling travel trailers, and their version of "off road" is the gravel parking lot at the antique store
Bull. I've seen plenty of Platinum and Limited trucks towing travel trailers. Many fancy boats are pulled by these luxury trucks too.

But it's not luxury, it's a truck, with some more comfy seats, and a couple different plastic parts here and there... it's "fake luxury"... BWM 7 series, Jag's, etc are purposely designed luxury vehicles. They arent pickup trucks with some different parts substituted here and there, and maybe a different shade of white (lol)
So, is a BMW with plastic leather (pleather) seats still a luxury car? Or is it simply a luxury car because it has the BMW logo on the front?

You see luxury, like I said, most people who would drive a luxury vehicle would scoff at this...
Perception to them. It's all about the name on the front. They wouldn't consider a Caddy or a Lincoln as luxury either. They are BMW snobs.

And for the most part, if those people can afford a true luxury vehicle, they can afford to have a truck to do truck things, and a luxury car to drive to the country club...
And if they can, and want a truck for those duties, what are they going to buy? A stripper XL or a Limited so they can have their luxury while towing their boat too?

It's not like the current cell phone mentality where you have 1 device do 10 different things in a pretty mediocre way...
Sure it is. Of course, I live in the midwest, where trucks are many times the jack of all trades.

Not a chance, but keep believing that
Have you priced used trucks vs. used BMWs? Especially once they hit 60, 80k miles? Around here, the F150's are holding 75-80% of new value after a few years and used Bimmers are 50-60%. Many people buy couple year old 'luxury' cars to look cool, until they find out the cost of upkeep.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:45 PM
As a current X5 driver who's looking at getting an F150, I feel I should chime in here.

Why an F150? Towing and better off road ability. I'll take my X5 a lot of places that I probably shouldn't, but there's definitely a limit (though it did make it through the mud at overland expo this year, which is more than can be said for many of the more 'capable' vehicles that were there). Ideally, I'd get a Rubicon that can tow, but that doesn't exist.

Why Platinum/Premium? Because this will be my daily driver and also because where we live in the US is a minimum two days drive from where we want to explore, so comfort both day to day and on the highway ends up being high on the priority list. Also, I like nice things. And I'm not set on the highest end model - If I can option out a Lariat the way I want and can save a few bucks, then that works for me.

What else are we looking at? The usual competition, plus by the time our trailer is ready, which should be late next year, we'll have both the new super duties and the new raptor to consider. Also hopefully the new Defender, though I doubt that will have the towing capacity we need.

Antique stores - funny.

Last edited by leikos; 07-21-2015 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:51 PM
Again, you pull up to the country club in a pickup truck... you will get roll eyes...

Old 07-21-2015, 01:55 PM
I doubt it, at least not here, but who cares if they do? Let 'em roll their eyes if they want. What I do know is that when you pull up to a nice restaurant with your X5 loaded up like you're headed out on an African expedition, that you'll have a good laugh with the valet.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:26 PM
The seats look amazing.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:32 PM

I like it better in black. <br/>

Old 07-21-2015, 02:37 PM

I like it better in black

Old 07-21-2015, 02:40 PM
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me it looks someone had some spare baseball glove leather and went wild. Way to busy for me.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by bkool2323
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me it looks someone had some spare baseball glove leather and went wild. Way to busy for me.
That is SOOOO gaudy... not luxury, gaudy, all it's missing is a pair of fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror and those little fuzzy ***** around the windows

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 F150 Limited