2000 F150 keyless entry module

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 F150 keyless entry module

Can someone tell me where the keyless entry module would be located on my 2000 F150 XLT Scab? I saw a few online and cant find it and or the actual harness for it if there was one I guess. I would like to instal a factory keyless entry if I could find the module and or harness plug. If ya'll have any pics and or part numbers it would be appreciated.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:06 AM
FYI this is the part number for the module I found but dont have a free harness under dash to fit it. OEM part number F87F-15K602-AA.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The RAP ( Remote Antitheft Personality ) Module is up behind the dash, if installed.

Note parking brake to the left side of the picture.
Driver's side floor looking up

Looking up behind dash.
Left side of picture is the ratchet mech for the parking brake.
The white box in the back ground is the RAP, it will have a 5 digit number on it.

If the RAP is not there, the truck did not come with the factory RKE, and the wiring is not going to be there. PDL and PDL with RKE are 2 different installs from the factory.

If the truck is not wired for RKE from the factory, it is much easier to add an after market RKE to the truck. You can get the Ford branded Code Alarm unit, so the fobs looks factory.
Check with Travis at KCAutosound to find a unit that is best for you.

He sells unit that can be pre wired for your MY truck, and include the diagrams for the install, to make everything dirt easy.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Sscully , thank you for this info. Unfortunately my truck was not equipped. Kinda shocked Ford would do this. Anyhow your post was very helpful and the pics helped too.. thanks again dude.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:43 AM

This one I can see as costs quite a bit in wiring harness, and figuring out how to add jumpers for the driver's unlock, unlock all, and lock all relays, if it did not come this way from the factory, the cost would be a loss ( it was like 125.00 to add factory RKE at build time ).

There are other items that leaving out wiring did not appear logical, and in the 01-03 MY the trim level of the truck XLT to Lariat the wiring was quite similar.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Yeah I'm still shocked Ford would do such a thing. Anyhow I finally have keyless entry after almost 7 years LOL. I guess I finally got tired of not having it or the old lady telling me to install it. I figured my truck already had the module since there is a red "anti theft" light from the factory that blinks when the truck is off. Anyhow thanks again man.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by MUDDUCK7
...<snip>... I figured my truck already had the module since there is a red "anti theft" light from the factory that blinks when the truck is off. ...<snip>...
OK, I can see the confusion.

RAP - Remote Antitheft personality
CSM - Central Security Module
( Both are the same thing, 01 MY the RAP was changed to the CSM for some reason, and the 2 are not pin for pin interchangeable )

The theft light in the cluster is the immobilizer that is built into the key heads ( PATS - Passive AntiTheft System ). That is if someone tries to do a screw driver start, or the old school hot wire.

The cluster has the PATS keys that are programmed to the truck stored in the HEC ( Hybird Electronic Cluster I do believe ) and when the ignition is switches to start mode, the HEC compares the RFID tag on the key to the ones programmed and send a message over the UBP network to the PCM to enable the start ( if the keys match ).

The RAP / CSM name does lead one to believe that more is going on, like the 97-98 MY had with the perimeter alarm, but it is strictly remote keyless entry / keypad on the door handle functions.

Old 02-22-2011, 08:38 PM
Ahhhh okay that makes since. Well i really wanted oem but hey i now have keyless entry so im pleased.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
OK, I can see the confusion.

RAP - Remote Antitheft personality
CSM - Central Security Module
( Both are the same thing, 01 MY the RAP was changed to the CSM for some reason, and the 2 are not pin for pin interchangeable )

The theft light in the cluster is the immobilizer that is built into the key heads ( PATS - Passive AntiTheft System ). That is if someone tries to do a screw driver start, or the old school hot wire.

The cluster has the PATS keys that are programmed to the truck stored in the HEC ( Hybird Electronic Cluster I do believe ) and when the ignition is switches to start mode, the HEC compares the RFID tag on the key to the ones programmed and send a message over the UBP network to the PCM to enable the start ( if the keys match ).

The RAP / CSM name does lead one to believe that more is going on, like the 97-98 MY had with the perimeter alarm, but it is strictly remote keyless entry / keypad on the door handle functions.
I have a little better understanding from this thread and your information - as noted above-...However, I am still unclear on a couple things. After research and looking under thedash, I do not have the module but I do have power locks and I have the PATS key with the alarm light in the dash.

Now my two major questions:
Is it possible to get the module from a salvage yard and buy the remotes and install?

Next question, I do NOT want the keypad keyless entry that is taped to the outside of the door, I just want the module to allow me to use key FOB's to enter without manually entering the key.

I think as noted in the thread, that my 2000 F150 XLT will not have the wireing to add the module needed to use the key FOB's. I have been told different stories on this site as well as from different Ford shops.

I would rather be all OEM but if I have to go find aftermarket, I guess I will.

My truck has everything that the Lariet has except for the Key FOB entery. My truck even came with the Off Road pakage of the time as an addition and also came with the CD Stereo that was not standard with the XLT. It was a tape deck at the time.

Thanks for the thread and help in advance.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:29 PM

I can say with 95% certainty that none of the wiring will be in the truck for the factory RKE on the 2000.

You would be doing a lot of wiring and mounting of the relays if you got a RAP ( up to NOV-2000 build date ).

If you got a CSM, it would be a bit easier, as there are no relays to mount ( the PDL go direct to the CSM ), this would be build dates after NOV-2000.

You would be time and money ahead by getting a RKE module from Travis at KC Autosound, but if you want to try your hand at wiring the factory one you can.

The keypad, there are 2 different types. The stick on keypad is actually another RKE fob programmed to the RAP/CSM, where the one in the door handle is wired directly to it.

There are more pictures in my interior album on the SCrew install, just to give you an idea, the 2000 will be a bit different, and require adding the wires from the door to the a-pillar if you want to do this ( the NLOC site has a how to on the std / SCab install ).

If you want to spend the extra money and time to have a code alarm branded ford system, let us know.
Else just get the Code Alarm RKE from travis, with the additional small fee to have it prewired for your MY with diagrams, and be done in under 2 hours.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:33 PM
soo...

I have a 2001 F-150 XLT...I bought a key FOB, and have performed the steps to access the programming mode, but the locks don't activate to let me know ive done it right...I assume this means my truck is not equipped with keyless entry...Can I not just buy the keyless entry module on ebay and plug it in? I dont really want to go the aftermarket route.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 01stark
I have a 2001 F-150 XLT...I bought a key FOB, and have performed the steps to access the programming mode, but the locks don't activate to let me know ive done it right...I assume this means my truck is not equipped with keyless entry...Can I not just buy the keyless entry module on ebay and plug it in? I dont really want to go the aftermarket route.
If you are sure you tried to enter programming mode correctly, the other option is to take a visual inspection for the RAP / CSM ( Depending on build date )

Note parking brake to the left side of the picture.
Driver's side floor.

Looking up behind dash.
Left side of picture is the ratchet mech for the parking brake.

If the RAP / CSM is not in this area ( with the 5 digit code on it ), then same as the post above yours, 95% certainty that the wiring is not in the truck without it, and you will be time and money ahead for getting an after market RKE to add, with all the wiring that you would have to do to make the RAP/CSM work

Old 11-03-2016, 07:33 PM
Soooo

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it's pretty relevant.

I just bought a 2000 F-150 XLT; after purchasing some keyfobs on Amazon and not being able to get my truck into programming mode, I contacted Ford and they confirmed that Remote Keyless Entry is not installed in my truck. So I'm trying to figure out the simplest and most economical way to get RKE going.

Can I use something like this - http://amzn.to/2fhuOcL ??

If not, how about a Viper setup - http://amzn.to/2fhqYR0

I'd love to keep the cost at or around $50, and not have to do any wiring, if that's possible.

Thanks!

Old 11-05-2016, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by jweasl
....<snip>...
I'd love to keep the cost at or around $50, and not have to do any wiring, if that's possible.

Thanks!
Not possible.

Put this project on the far back burner.

You are not going to be happy with the results trying for low cost and no work required. Not worth it trying for bottom dollar system.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
You get what you pay for

Gotta pay to play

Quick Reply: 2000 F150 keyless entry module