'09 NAV - Sirius/Travel Link Subscription

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 NAV - Sirius/Travel Link Subscription

My free 6 months is going to expire in November.

Unfortunately, my household has been all XM for years - have 3 radios subscribed.

The biggest thing that bothers me is the companies have merged, but we can not merge our Sirus & XM accounts - this means I will have to pay a full subscription price for my '09.

So I got the first renewal letter from Sirius, and to keep the Travel Link (which I definitely want), it looks like I have to take the Sirius Everything package.

Just wondering if anyone with the NAV has done their subscription, but were able to get just the "Mostly Music" package and be able to still keep the Travel Link?

Old 09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stormtech
My free 6 months is going to expire in November.

Unfortunately, my household has been all XM for years - have 3 radios subscribed.

The biggest thing that bothers me is the companies have merged, but we can not merge our Sirus & XM accounts - this means I will have to pay a full subscription price for my '09.

So I got the first renewal letter from Sirius, and to keep the Travel Link (which I definitely want), it looks like I have to take the Sirius Everything package.

Just wondering if anyone with the NAV has done their subscription, but were able to get just the "Mostly Music" package and be able to still keep the Travel Link?
From what I have read, the Travel Link is an extra service you subscribe to in addition to the music package. I think it's like $5.99 a month extra.

I'll search again.

Old 09-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by ibcop
From what I have read, the Travel Link is an extra service you subscribe to in addition to the music package. I think it's like $5.99 a month extra.

I'll search again.
You are correct - the Travel Link is $5.99 extra per month. It also says on the website that you have to have a current Sirius radio subscription, which I understand.

My question is - do you have to have the "Sirius Everything" package for your radio subscription, or can you just get the "Mostly Music" package, and still be able to add the Travel Link.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:00 AM
You are correct - the Travel Link is $5.99 extra per month. It also says on the website that you have to have a current Sirius radio subscription, which I understand.

My question is - do you have to have the "Sirius Everything" package for your radio subscription, or can you just get the "Mostly Music" package, and still be able to add the Travel Link.
That's a good question. Your best bet is to call Sirius.....please post back the results.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I just renewed and have music only with the travel link

Old 09-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by smkeater
I just renewed and have music only with the travel link
Exactly what I was looking for - thanks smkeater!

I wanted to know just in case they try bullying me into the full subscription - now I know it can be done with the music only.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Exactly what I was looking for - thanks smkeater!

I wanted to know just in case they try bullying me into the full subscription - now I know it can be done with the music only.
I did the 3 year renew with travel link and 6 free months for $345 after I kicked and cried after they turned my system off with out notice long story on their part

Old 09-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by smkeater
I did the 3 year renew with travel link and 6 free months for $345 after I kicked and cried after they turned my system off with out notice long story on their part
Excellent deal!

That's $230 off the regular monthly price for the 3 years.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Darn, I just called to renew on my 2008 M3 and she would only give me $145/yr. When I explained that my forum friends were getting it for $77/yr. she said must be some other plan???

Old 09-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
Darn, I just called to renew on my 2008 M3 and she would only give me $145/yr. When I explained that my forum friends were getting it for $77/yr. she said must be some other plan???
Just call back and see what someone else will do for you. And an M3? Me likey! The beyatches will run - you should see them break loose on the Autobahn.....it was like I was sitting still!

Quick Reply: '09 NAV - Sirius/Travel Link Subscription