satellite hard reset

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
satellite hard reset

i have 2008 f150 with 6 disc radio with satellite radio.
sirius says i need to do a hard reset,can i do this myself or do i need to take to a dealer.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:50 PM
What exactly is you satellite radio doing or not doing? Are you still able to listen to satellite radio or not? Need more info to be able to try to help you out.

I have an 08 F-150 SCrew with sirius. A few months after I bought it, my display showed "Updating Subscription." After it got done "Updating" I had no Song Title/Artist information, it only showed the channel number. I called Sirius and they said to take it to the dealer for a "Hard Reset." I did not take it to the dealer. After about two months, I got the "Updating Subscription" message in the display again and after it was done I got all my Sont Tile/Artist/Channel Name information back again. Have not had a problem since then.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:55 PM
while listening to any channel,if i try and change channels,by using the up or down arrow.radio will change to channel 159.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:15 PM
I have never heard of anyone's radio doing that. Sorry that I could not help you out, maybe someone else on the site may be able to. You may want to just go ahead and take it to the dealer, it's under warranty anyway.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:02 PM
I cannot help you. But my advice is to take to a dealer. That is their responsibility. I am sure our trucks would be a bit cheaper if they had no warranty. Obviously there is a warranty cost built into them. If something were to go wrong while you were working on it then you have other issues. Like why didn't you take it to a dealer?

So my advice is to take it to a dealer and then let us know how they corrected it.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 PM
I am having the same problem and they have also told me to go to the dealer with a hard reset. I am not able to get the travel link working and after several attempts of turning off the radio and opening up the door for 30 seconds they tell me to visit the dealer

Old 12-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Here is what happend with my hard reset. I took the truck to ford and they tell me there is no such thing as a hard reset. To make this story short, I had signed up for sirus weather information and they had hooked me up with trafic reports instead. It was their fault and after a couple hours on the road and half of the day shot, all is working now.

Quick Reply: satellite hard reset