Stock Radio/JVC system in F150

Old 12-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock Radio/JVC system in F150

I'm really hoping someone on here can help me out! Ok my boyfriend has a 2006 F150 with a stock radio that already has SIRIUS hooked up. For Christmas I want to buy him a JVC 7' DVD/CD reciever (don't know if we can post outside links but i do have it if anyone needs to see it). Now the problem I'm getting the run around on is wether or not the SIRIUS tuner that is already built in his stock radio will fit in the new JVC system. I will admit I'm not the brightest when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I'm going crazy over here! I have talked to Circuit City, Best Buy, JVC itself, SIRIUS, 2 different Ford dealers, & the Ford headquarters. Everyone just keeps telling me good question & to call so & so... Basically I just need to know if the system can go in the truck & if it can what extras will be needed at the time of installation if any. Please any help will be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:35 AM
Originally Posted by Ash-Lee
I'm really hoping someone on here can help me out! Ok my boyfriend has a 2006 F150 with a stock radio that already has SIRIUS hooked up. For Christmas I want to buy him a JVC 7' DVD/CD reciever (don't know if we can post outside links but i do have it if anyone needs to see it). Now the problem I'm getting the run around on is wether or not the SIRIUS tuner that is already built in his stock radio will fit in the new JVC system. I will admit I'm not the brightest when it comes to this kind of stuff, but I'm going crazy over here! I have talked to Circuit City, Best Buy, JVC itself, SIRIUS, 2 different Ford dealers, & the Ford headquarters. Everyone just keeps telling me good question & to call so & so... Basically I just need to know if the system can go in the truck & if it can what extras will be needed at the time of installation if any. Please any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
Hey Ash, not really sure bit I think you will have to get a seperate Sirius receiver made for the JVC, they're about a $100. Don't know what a stock Sirius unit in these Fords are like since I have never seen one, but I have the JVC 7000 DD unit w/ Sirius in my truck and it is awsome!! Your boyfriend will love that over any stock stereo. If you click on my profile (my name at the top of this thread) you can go to my gallery and see some pics of the JVC I have. The one you are talking of sounds like the one I have in my truck. Hope this helps.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok thanks for the help! I looked at your pics & it does look like the same one I want to get him. I think I'm just going to go ahead & buy it & if it doesn't fit I will take it back. Maybe once he sees it he will know what it needs & what it doesn't. Thanks for the help again & happy holidays!

Old 12-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ash-Lee
Ok thanks for the help! I looked at your pics & it does look like the same one I want to get him. I think I'm just going to go ahead & buy it & if it doesn't fit I will take it back. Maybe once he sees it he will know what it needs & what it doesn't. Thanks for the help again & happy holidays!
Don't worry, that unit will fit in his truck. Your welcome and happy holidays to you as well! :santa:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock Radio/JVC system in F150