Audiovox Xpress & iPod Connection

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audiovox Xpress & iPod Connection

I just recently got an iPod last week. On my Audiovox Xpress base, there is and Aux In port for connecting an iPod or MP3 player, etc. For some reason, when I connect the cords, the end into the Xpress base won't work if it's pushed in all the way. It's dead silent. I have to pull it out about 1/3 of the way and wiggle and maneuver it into place to get sound. Anyone know why this would be happening and how to fix it? I thought it was a problem with the Xpress base, but I just got another one for a 2nd car and it does the same thing. I believe I have the right cord, but I could be wrong. The end that goes into the iPod is fine. And yes I have switched them up. I'm really confused...and irritated. It doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks

Old 07-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by Guigster
I just recently got an iPod last week. On my Audiovox Xpress base, there is and Aux In port for connecting an iPod or MP3 player, etc. For some reason, when I connect the cords, the end into the Xpress base won't work if it's pushed in all the way. It's dead silent. I have to pull it out about 1/3 of the way and wiggle and maneuver it into place to get sound. Anyone know why this would be happening and how to fix it? I thought it was a problem with the Xpress base, but I just got another one for a 2nd car and it does the same thing. I believe I have the right cord, but I could be wrong. The end that goes into the iPod is fine. And yes I have switched them up. I'm really confused...and irritated. It doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks
I'm in the same boat as you (XpressEZ and Ipod nano) Which cable did you you use to connect the iPod to the Xpress?

Old 07-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I was wondering if I could use a "Y" http://homeavcables.com/43524.html to tie each device to the PIE unit.

Old 07-05-2008, 11:50 PM
You'll be happy to know, I found out the answer to the problem. First, you can use a simple double-male-end wire that has the standard mini headphone sized jack on each end. Radio Shack; about $6 or so. Looks like this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

The Radio Shack brand is cheaper. I recommend the 6' length one.

Now for the answer...

The Aux In only works with using the FM Transmitter. So if you have your radio wired to play through the Aux Out as I do, you still need to use the FM transmitter from the satellite radio to hear your auxilary device.

Basically I leave the wire plugged in all the time and set one of my head unit radio presets to the FM transmitter channel and just flip to that when I want to use the iPod. It doesn't sound bad, but I do have to crank up the volume on the iPod pretty much all the way.

Here is where I finally found out the answer:

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t...=asc&highlight

Last edited by Guigster; 07-05-2008 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Audiovox Xpress & iPod Connection