OEM sirius install, now no aux ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM sirius install, now no aux ?

I have a 07 f150 with the basic headunit/stereo. I purchased a factory takeoff sirius tuner from a f150, bought the ford y-cable from the dealer, and put it in, worked great. That was last summer..and believe it or not, I never tried to use the AUX input on top of the dash since then (I DID use it before I put in the sirius to hook up my mp3 player).

Anyways, seems as though the AUX plug no longer works.. I am assuming that factory/oem trucks with Sirus *do* still have the functional AUX in, correct? I am guessing I screwed something up, forgot to plug something back in, etc. Or the cable that I purchased from Ford was correct enough to get the Sirius to work, but was missing something from the AUX. (yes, the AUX cable was plugged back in).

Just wanted to see if anyone had added the factory sirius to their truck, and still has a working AUX input.

BTW, when I hit the aux button on the headunit, it will cycle between LINE IN, SAT1, SAT2, SAT3 . It needs to be on SAT1 for my sirius to work...so AUX/LINE IN is still available...

thanks
Matt

Last edited by mkehler; 03-17-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:56 AM
re o7 with OEM add on sirius

I did the same thing but the aux button still work I may have a different head unit I have the OEM nav so maybe it work different

Magella

Old 03-18-2008, 01:38 PM
You dont need the y cable on the 07's. It is prewired. Maybe your problem. The cable will work but I don't know what It will cut out. The 06's had to have the Y harness.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I have the same problem! Lost my Aux when OEM Sirius installed!

Did you ever figure this out? I was curious, so I disconnected the Sirius Y cable and presto.. my Aux works fine!

I was going to use the Aux for my Ipod anyway.. so i ordered a uPAC-FRD24 to fully integrate into my factory NAV. Well.. it works fine if I bypass the Sirius, but I can't get both to work together.

This sucks because I just spent like $150 on the uPAC.

Let me know if you figured yours out.

Thanks!

Old 12-27-2008, 07:42 PM
are u saying that there's a input so you can hook up your mp3 player? where would that be?

Quick Reply: OEM sirius install, now no aux ?