2006 FX4 Audiophile with Sirrius no PIE avail for XM install?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 FX4 Audiophile with Sirrius no PIE avail for XM install?

Hello guys

I am a newbie and just bought my first Ford product ever. It is a FX4 SC with audiophile and Sirrius. The problem is I love and have used XM for a couple of years. I have an XM Commander and plan on installing it and getting rid of the Sirrius. I searched logjamelectronics.com and it says the PIE specifically wont work for this set up. My experience with the commander using the modulator has been generally good but I would prefer a direct connection of course. Has anyone dealt with this yet? By the way this is not a Sirrius vs XM post I just happen to have used XM for some time now and dont like change.

Tom

Old 02-23-2006, 09:36 AM
welcome aboard, make the switch to sirius. you will enjoy it real quick. i had xm but made the switch and have no regrets. Its like buying I new truck you are happy with the old ride but once you get into something new there is nothing better,after a short time you will forget about xm.

Old 02-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the input but i prefer the XM programming and can't stand Stern. I am an Opie and Anthony fan.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:53 AM
who said anything about Stern there are 120 other channels to listen to and you didn't say you have it for O & A. sounds like the only reason to have sattelite is for them.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:13 AM
pruettfan -

Have you contacted PIE directly at www.pie.net ? I would send them an email and ask them. Their CS is pretty decent. Also if nothing comes out of posting in here....do a search in the 2004-2006 forums.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by pruettfan
I searched logjamelectronics.com and it says the PIE specifically wont work for this set up. My experience with the commander using the modulator has been generally good but I would prefer a direct connection of course.
Tom,

I'm not even going to go the route of dakota ( got to love it, don't tell me to switch, the first post...hey you should switch... ).

Does the unit have the CD/AUX button on it ? I can't recall what it looks like.
There is a similar post re:'04 EB Expedition.
http://www.pie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21
In Short, the post said to use FRD03-AUX/S to add the AUX input via the SAT button. I don't know if the '04 EB Expedition has the same unit as your truck.

The contradiction :
2006 Ford Fusion with the Audiophile system.
http://www.pie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27

Maybe getting on the forum and ask if the FRD03-AUX/S would allow you to add an AUX input using the SAT button with your audio system ???

Got me, I have the easy route with the 6 CD in dash non Audiophile system and the FRD04-AUX with the 3.5mm to RCA converter.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks

Thanks guys for the assitance. Dakota, the first thing I said is I did not want to make this a Sirrius vs XM thread, to each his own and frankly i dont have to justify to you or anyone what I listen too or why I want XM. Clearly given that I have Sirrius if i liked I would not have posted in the first place.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:33 AM
I wasn't trying to start anything sorry you took it that way, I was just saying if you gave sirius a try you might like it. thats all. Had you said from the begining you were and Oand A fan would have said to stay with your xm. I was just saying after making the switch i liked it that's all.what is more imprtant is the new truck good luck with it no matter what you listen too.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:57 PM
Old 03-01-2006, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by MRBIG
Take a read through this short Thread from PIE.Net

Seems that the Ford Audiophile system and the FRD04-AUX don't work together. Got me as to why it does not. I would have thought the same thing, as long as the RSE is not installed, and there is a AUX button, it should work. The guy that makes them says it is a no go.

This is the one I got for my in dash 6 CD changer, non Audiophile system. That stero has the AUX button ( not a CD/AUX button ).

Old 03-01-2006, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Take a read through this short Thread from PIE.Net

Seems that the Ford Audiophile system and the FRD04-AUX don't work together. Got me as to why it does not. I would have thought the same thing, as long as the RSE is not installed, and there is a AUX button, it should work. The guy that makes them says it is a no go.

This is the one I got for my in dash 6 CD changer, non Audiophile system. That stero has the AUX button ( not a CD/AUX button ).

Thats odd. I have the Pie kit in my 2006 fx4 and it works fine.... hmm....

Old 03-01-2006, 09:47 AM
Here's another possibility. When I had my mustang gt 2003 with the mach 1000 radio (it had 2 subs and 6 amps from the factory) I had to use a product from blitzsafe. PIE wouldn't work and blitzsafe had one.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by WaWaTuSi
Thats odd. I have the Pie kit in my 2006 fx4 and it works fine.... hmm....
What is the build date of your Truck ?

The question still trying to be answered is for the Audiophile system with built in Sirrius, to try to add XM to the HU, via the AUX button.

I think these are only on 13-DEC and newer trucks ( might have the date off, the month should be correct ). This is the system that PIE says the FRD04-AUX won't work with.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by FX4_Guy
Here's another possibility. When I had my mustang gt 2003 with the mach 1000 radio (it had 2 subs and 6 amps from the factory) I had to use a product from blitzsafe. PIE wouldn't work and blitzsafe had one.
Tom,

FX4_Guy has a good idea, change mfgrs of the AUX interface.
Did the system you had in the Stang have the built in Sirius, or was it just a stero system, similar ( use that term VERY loosely ) to the Audiophile System of pre DEC-05 build dates ? I thought Ford did not have the Sirius on any pre DEC-05 builds, but I could be wrong with that, when it comes to the Stang.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:25 PM
My Mach 1000 was bulit by a company called Veniston or something similar to that. It didn't have an option for Aux. I had to hit the CD button twice to get the blitzsafe to switch over to the Satellite Radio. I'm not sure if it was similar to the Audiophile system or not. It had 6amps, 2 10inch subs, and 2 8inch subs, tweeters, etc. It pumped out a total of around 1140watts.

Preuttfan - have you contacted PIE directly yet?

Quick Reply: 2006 FX4 Audiophile with Sirrius no PIE avail for XM install?